Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard Post 302773749 by DGPickett on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:56:26 PM
Old 02-28-2013
You can make an x keyboard to anything, but I have been spared that education. I have some bits that make my pc numeric keypad work, but every time I sneeze, it flips back! Maybe a function key, or post process in a script to make the function key bytes into a pipe.

Put a 2x2 xterm with a big -fn 12x24 '|' on it in the corner of your desktop, and paste.

Someone should write an X keyboard wizard. Maybe it is out there. Google around! In this age, imagine and google is all you need!
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

6. Hardware

Keyboard layout based on scancodes?

I would like to make a new keyboard layout that moves the modifier keys around. The problem is that this needs to be an xkb layout, because I still need to be able to switch to the Qwerty layout and the layout of my native language. Is there a way to write an xkb layout that works on the keycodes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies
gnome-keyboard-properties(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-keyboard-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-properties - set your keyboard preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Keyboard preference tool allows you to select autorepeat settings for your keyboard, and to configure the sound events that are associ- ated with the keyboard. The Keyboard preference tool also allows you to launch the Keyboard accessibility preference tool. See gnome-acces- sibility-keyboard-properties(1) for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Keyboard preference tool example% gnome-keyboard-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-Executable for Keyboard preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-keyboard-properties(1)