Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increase two numeric variables incrementally together Post 302773733 by Jotne on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:40:58 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Code:
awk 'BEGIN  {for (i=1000; i<=6000; i++) print i"_"i+6000".txt"}'

Last edited by Jotne; 02-28-2013 at 04:50 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do you to add numbers incrementally?

I've refined the filesystem size using awk and directed to a file name. eg, here's the content in a file called "numbers" $cat numbers 345 543 23423456 44435 546 . . how do you write a script to all these numbers to get the total? thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating variables (numeric)

Hi I need to get a user to enter a number (an exchange rate) into a script. I have the following: #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter exchange rate:" read EX_RATE if \"`" ] then echo "Well done - only numeric here" else echo "Not so well done - there is NON numeric stuff here!" fi This works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjd1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace random numeric value with non-numeric value

Can someone tell me how to change the first column in a very large 17k line file from a random 10 digit numeric value to a non numeric value. The format of lines in the file is: 1702938475,SNU022,201004 the first 10 numbers always begin with 170 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bahf1s
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command rsync sending files incrementally

Please, i have a question about rsync command: Here is the command that i have used in my script: rsync -ratlz --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" -aAXHltzh --progress --numeric-ids --devices --rsync-path="rsync" $1 $hostname:$1 using this command, i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file incrementally

Dear all, I would like to split a file incrementally. My file looks like: $path { $name "path_sparc_ifu_dec_1" ; $transition { "dtu_inst_d" v ; // (in) "U622/Y" ^ ; // (INVX16_LVT) "U870/Y" ^ ; // (AND2X1_LVT) "U873/Y" v ; // (INVX1_LVT) "U872/Y" ^ ; // (NAND3X0_LVT)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files incrementally and search for particular string.

Example I have following requirements where i need to search for particular string from the log files.Files will be archived with number attached end to it and creates a new log file. First Day i will ran at 8:00 AM Filename:a.log1 Wed Aug 24 04:46:34... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshnani211
1 Replies
XmClipboardEndRetrieve(library call)									      XmClipboardEndRetrieve(library call)

NAME
XmClipboardEndRetrieve -- A clipboard function that completes retrieval of data from the clipboard SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/CutPaste.h> int XmClipboardEndRetrieve (display, window) Display * display; Window window; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmClipboardEndRetrieve suspends copying data incrementally from the clipboard. It tells the clipboard routines that the application is through copying an item from the clipboard. Until this function is called, data items can be retrieved incrementally from the clipboard with XmClipboardRetrieve. The act of copying data is started with the XmClipboardStartRetrieve function. display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay or XtDisplay. window Specifies the window ID of a widget that relates the application window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained with XtWindow. The same application instance should pass the same window ID to each of the clipboard functions that it calls. RETURN
XmClipboardSuccess The function was successful. XmClipboardLocked The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another application. The application can continue to call the function again with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or to give up on the operation. RELATED
XmClipboardRetrieve(3), XmClipboardStartCopy(3), and XmClipboardStartRetrieve(3). XmClipboardEndRetrieve(library call)