Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help extracting single instance of numbers which repeat Post 302773725 by bartus11 on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:30:58 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Code:
... | sort | uniq | while read var; do
  do something with $var here
done

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single Instance of a Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script. What should I do to allow only single instance of the script to be run by a user at a time. That is, Only one user can run that script at a given point of time. Please help.. Its very important for my project Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single Instance

Hi, I have a script. I want only one instance of the script to be running at any point of the time. How can I do it. what would be the exact format of the ps command for doing this. For example the name of my script is "Inst.sh" Thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts ... only allow a single instance of an argument?

Hi there, if i have a simple getopts like below ...how can i make it so that if somebody enters more than one -g argument for example, it will error with a " you cannot enter more than one -g" or something like that.? I want to only allow one instance of a -g or a -h etc .. while getopts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting numbers and multipling

Hi All, I have searched the forum but couldn't find exactly what I need. Hopefully someone may be able to help. I'm trying to put a script together that will extract numbers from a text file and multiply them by, for example 1.5 or 1.2 Sample file looks like this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedfreak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings, first instance only

There are a lot of ways to extract text from between two strings, but what if those strings occur multiple times and you only want the text from the first two strings? I can't seem to find anything to work here. I'm using sed to process the text after it's extracted, so I prefer a sed answer, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fubaya
4 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1->5.5 offline upgrade - different instance numbers ?

Hello, I did offline HACMP(PowerHA) upgrade 5.4.1 to 5.5 - basically stopped HACMP services and upgraded cluster.* filesets. Tried to start services again - topsvcs refused to start on second node complaining that node instance numbers are different - and indeed they are different. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed to put instance numbers

Hi All I need help am having a source file as below emp dept class subclass region country division first i need to get line count and i need to divide by 3 it is an parameter passing value number of lines 7 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers

Hi I am part of a academic organization and I want to send a fax to the students however there must be a quicker way to get the fax numbers extracted from the online forms they sent me. The file looks like this (numbers are fake in order to protect identity): Biochemistry Major Michael... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check a single process instance is always running?

Hi, I want to write one program in C in Unix OS which will check the running status of a process time to time. If the process is stopped somehow by any means, it will ensure that the process is restarted and only one copy of the process image should run in memory at any point of time for the user.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to repeat a character in a field if it's a single character?

I have a csv dataset like this : C,rs18768 G,rs13785 GA,rs1065 G,rs1801279 T,rs9274407 A,rs730012 I'm thinking of use like awk, sed to covert the dataset to this format: (if it's two character, then keep the same) CC,rs18768 GG,rs13785 GA,rs1065 GG,rs1801279 TT,rs9274407... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)