Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show "uniq -c" results only for more than X occurrences Post 302773653 by Yoda on Thursday 28th of February 2013 12:13:58 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker4o
Thanks. I actually came up with:
cat test.txt | uniq -c | sort -rn | awk 'int($1)>=5'
5 can be replaced with any value
Please note that you have to sort first and then do uniq -c else you will not get accurate results.

Also no need to use cat because sort is capable of reading file thus save a pipeline:
Code:
sort test.txt | uniq -c | awk 'int($1)>=5'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count number of occurrences of a "|" from a variable?

I have a variable, var="some1|some2|some3" I want to know how many "|" are in $var. When I say echo $var | grep -c '|' I am getting only 1 :confused: :confused: :confused: ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between plain "uniq" and "uniq -u"

Dear all, It's not entirely clear to me from manpage the difference between them. Why we still need "-u" flag? - monkfan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed random \n for "n" range of character occurrences

I'd like to put paragraph breaks \n\n randomly between 5 - 10 occurrences of the dot character (.), for an entire text file. How to do that? In other words, anywhere between every 5 -10 sentences, a new paragraph will generate. There are no other uses of the (.) except for sentence breaks in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies
dspam_merge(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_merge(1)

NAME
dspam_merge - merge several users' metadata into a composite SYNOPSIS
dspam_merge [--profile=PROFILE] user1 user2 ... userN -o username DESCRIPTION
dspam_merge merges several users' metadata into a single user's dictionary. This tool is designed to create global users and seeded data. The hit sounds for each token and per-user totals are added together to produce a single composite dataset. After creating a composite user, dspam_clean should be run with the -p option to clean up extraneous data. NOTE : Merges may take a considerable amount of time. This could potentially increase the load on the server or even slow down the delivery of email. A merge should only be performed when the system is fairly acquiesce. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. user1 user2 ... userN A list of users to merge together. -o username The target user which will be created (if necessary). This user will contain the composite generated by the merge. EXAMPLES
dspam_merge dick jane spot -o ralph Merges the metadata dictionaries of dick, jane, and spot into a single composite under the user ralph EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_clean(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_merge(1)