Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kind of reverse engineering
Operating Systems Linux Kind of reverse engineering Post 302773491 by nidal on Thursday 28th of February 2013 04:58:42 AM
Old 02-28-2013
Code Kind of reverse engineering

Hi everyone,
I'm a linux novice , in a training purpose i have to reconstruct under windows an application running under fedora 14, the application communicates with an STB device through RS232 in a first time and then through ethernet for firmware loading purpose.
All what i know is how to run the application then it shows some informations as "plug the RS232 connecter, restart the STB... " then if done it proceed to send files through RS232 then it reboot the device then it loads other files through ethernet
What i need is to interpret how it communicates with the device, what commands it sends to the device and what it recieves so i can develop my own application in windows, a sort of reverse engineering.

Can you guys help me please?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Performance engineering concepts

Hello, I would like get idea about performance enginering from basic to advanced level. Do anyone know a place where i can find some videos related to performance engineering ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling and Binning- Engineering problem

Hi everyone! Can you please help me with some shell scripting? I have an input file input.txt It has 3 columns (Time, Event, Value) Time event Value 03:38:22 A 57 03:38:23 A 56 03:38:24 B 24 03:38:25 C 51 03:38:26 B 7 03:38:26 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project

Hi, this is fantastic forum for shell programming and scripting, so please let me to introduce you with my very old concept to have web form/s with radio, select, input fields and have an application generating valid, syntax error free scripting code. The same or alike questions are asked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Legacy Ultra60 with Solaris 5.7 SCSI device reverse engineering

I'm looking for help with a legacy system. I have some obsolete equipment connected to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 5.7 with the binary for a 32 bit driver. The driver is rejected by newer versions of solaris, which run 64 bit kernels. I hope to reverse engineer the driver so that I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsoleteStuff
0 Replies
Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::MySQL - Alzabo and MySQL DESCRIPTION
This documentation is about what special support Alzabo has for MySQL, as well as what is lacking. MySQL support is based on the 3.23.* release series, with some support for features that are starting to appear in the 4.0.* releases. Earlier versions of MySQL will probably work with Alzabo, though Alzabo cannot magically make these releases support new features like fulltext indexes. Indexes o Alzabo supports the ability to specify prefixes when adding an index. Prefixes are required when attempting to index any sort of text or blob column. o Alzabo supports the creation of fulltext indexes and their use in SELECT and WHERE clauses. This includes the ability to get back the score given for a match as part of a select, using the "function" or "select" methods of either table or schema objects. Reverse Engineering o When reverse engineering a schema, Alzabo knows that MySQL has "default defaults" for certain column types. For example, if a DATE column is specified as NOT NULL but is not assigned a default, MySQL gives this column a default of '0000-00-00'. Because Alzabo knows about this, it will ignore these defaults when reverse engineering an RDBMS. o Similarly, Alzabo knows that MySQL assigns default "lengths" to many column types. For example, if given INTEGER as a column type, MySQL will convert this to INTEGER(11) or INTEGER(10), depending on the version of MySQL being used. Again, Alzabo ignores these lengths when reverse engineering a schema. o All of this may lead to apparent inconsistencies when using the with the "Alzabo::Create::Schema->sync_backend" or "Alzabo::Cre- ate::Schema->sync_backend_sql" methods. If you are using this feature from the web based schema creator, you will see that even imme- diately after running the "sync_backend()" method, Alzabo may still think there are differences between the two schemas. This is not a problem, as running the SQL Alzabo generates will not actually change your database. Transactions Alzabo will try to use transactions whenever appropriate. Unfortunately, there is no way to determine whether or not a given table supports transactions so Alzabo simply calls DBI's "begin_work()" method, whether or not this will actually do anything. Constraints and Foreign Keys o Column constraints are treated as column attributes. o Foreign key constraints are not generated when generating SQL for a MySQL schema. This will probably change in the future. Table Types These can be specified as a table attribute. perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::MySQL(3pm)