Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loopback
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Loopback Post 302773381 by os2mac on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 07:55:40 PM
Old 02-27-2013
you would put the sleep statement after each echo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Loopback Interface...Vanished???

Recently I noticed that my internet connection would not work correctly-although connected domain names could not be resolved. My resolv.conf file was fine since it is configured every time I dial up. a closer inspection showed that my loopback interface had disappearerd! Any ideas why would this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Using loopback devices in RAID?

Hopefully I am posting this silly question in the right place... I was wondering about the possibility of using loopback files on a physical disk to create virtual disks that could shrink or grow as needed. Something like RAID 0, but instead of using block devices, just using files. If I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I Use Loopback Devices with LVM?

I've got a RedHat 9 box with LVM support in a 2.4.22 kernel. What I would like to do is take a set of empty files created with 'dd' and concatenate them into a volume group. I've done a good deal of googling, and it seems that this is something that can be done. But when I try to use 'pvcreate'... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. AIX

loopback in 4.1.4.0 AIX server

Hi: I´ve a problem in a 4.1.4.0 AIX server because is generating a loopback in its own ip address and this are consuming all the bandwidth. I did many things trying to solve the problem but it doesn´t help. 1. Flush Routing tables 2. Get Up/Down Network interface 3. Add/remove Network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terron79
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can a Loopback Filesystem be Partitioned?

I have a disk image file created for use with the Linux version of the QEMU emulator. It's partitioned. I opened it with fdisk and the partitions show up with some extra messages about physical/logical endings: Disk knoppix.img: 0 MB, 0 bytes 16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders Units =... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding Loopback Interface

Hello, I have a SunOS (5.5.1) system that I need to migrate to a new IP address. I would like to have any requests destined for the old IP to be forwarded to this server. One suggestion I had was to add a route on my router that would point the old IP to the new IP. How do I add another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reiklen
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Configure floating IP on loopback interface

Hi All, I need to configure a floating IP on loopback interface of two servers (RHEL 5.4). After configuring, I'm not able to ping to that IP from a different server. I fail to understand what is missing here. I have done similar configuration in another environment & it works fine. Plz help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
0 Replies

8. Linux

Loopback interface doen't appear

Hi all, i have a problem with (Network in Linux) .. my issue with a HW appliance has openfiler 2.3 and is used for File Sharing using samba .. the problem is when i try to list all configured network interfaces using ifconfig -a .. i can't see the loopback interface, Although the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabdelmageid
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Loopback?

This is in the beginning of the program: clear tput cup 1 20 echo "Welcome to UNIX I Final Assignment" tput cup 4 3 echo -e "Who would you like to look up? \c" tput cup 6 5 echo "vans, Rolland" tput cup 8 5 echo "ones, Mildred" tput cup 10 5 echo "mith, Julie" tput cup 12 5 echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

NAT Loopback and iptables

Hello, please can you help and explain me. I have two servers. Both are RHEL6. I use the first one like router and the second one for apache. Router forwards 80 port on the second server and I can open that from the internet (mysite.com, for example). But I can not open mysite.com if i try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6765656755
0 Replies
xpacmdnew(3)							SAORD Documentation						      xpacmdnew(3)

NAME
XPACmdNew - create a new XPA public access point for commands SYNOPSIS
#include <xpa.h> XPA XPACmdNew(char *class, char *name); DESCRIPTION
Create a new XPA public access point for commands that will share a common identifier class:name. Enter this access point into the XPA name server, so that it can be accessed by external processes. XPACmdNew() returns an XPA struct. It often is more convenient to have one public access point that can manage a number of commands, rather than having individual access points for each command. For example, it is easier to command the ds9 image display using: echo "colormap I8" | xpaset ds9 echo "scale log" | xpaset ds9 echo "file foo.fits" | xpaset ds9 then to use: echo "I8" | xpaset ds9_colormap echo "log" | xpaset ds9_scale echo "foo.fits" | xpaset ds9_file In the first case, the commands remain the same regardless of the target XPA name. In the second case, the command names must change for each instance of ds9. That is, if a second instance of ds9 called DS9 were running, it would be commanded either as: echo "colormap I8" | xpaset DS9 echo "scale log" | xpaset DS9 echo "file foo.fits" | xpaset DS9 or as: echo "I8" | xpaset DS9_colormap echo "log" | xpaset DS9_scale echo "foo.fits" | xpaset DS9_file Thus, in cases where a program is going to manage many commands, it generally is easier to define them as commands associated with the XPACmdNew() routine, rather than as separate access points using XPANew(). When XPACmdNew() is called, only the class:name identifier is specified. Each sub-command is subsequently defined using the XPACmdAdd() routine. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpacmdnew(3)