Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password Obscuring Technique
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Password Obscuring Technique Post 302773309 by DGPickett on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 04:25:24 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Does it help if you put it on the command line?
Starting SQL*Plus

To connect to a remote database when you start command-line SQL*Plus, include the Oracle Net service name in your SQLPLUS command in the following form:
SQLPLUS HR/your_password@connect_identifierCan you spool on after connect?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Technique's???

Is there any better way of doing this? I only want to find a status of a diff, ie diff the file and return to me whether it is different or not or non-existant. This example works, however I think it could be less messier: workd=`pwd`;find $workd -name "*.sum" | while read line ; do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORK/EXEC technique

Hi! Can someone explain me exactly this technique? Why a process (PARENT) creates a copy of itself with FORK (CHILD)? What's the reason of this behaviour? Sorry, but I cannot understand the logic behind it. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshmallow
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail header obscuring

hello, I have lots of mail clients, with private IPs, sending mail through our mail server. In the header of each mail outgoing I can find something like Received: from () by linux-virtua1.localhost (8.13.8/8.13.8/SuSE Linux 0.8) ... question is: is there any way to avoid the private... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best search technique

I have a snippet file with the shown below: data file 1 2 1 3 1 3 4 2 3 2 2 1 2 2 5 1 3 2 3 2 2 3 1 4 Actual file has approx 50 Millions such lines with bigger number (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt/compile/obscuring scripts

It seems that the Francisco Rosales home page has gone off-line. Is there another source for this? I have found it very useful, but others may also find good use for it - and of course, in turbulent times, I may find myself in a new job too, where I'd like to use it again I'm sure. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
5 Replies

7. Linux

Best Compression technique ?

Hi all, I am working on a sample backup code, where i read the files per 7200 bytes and send it to server. Before sending to server, i compress each 7200 bytes using zlib compression algorithm using dictionary max length of 1.5 MB . I find zlib is slow. Can anyone recommend me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
3 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)