Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing values from awk to shell variable Post 302773287 by Malavin on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 03:59:52 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Got it working! I knew it was something like that... Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values out awk.

found that passing (input) values to awk, all work well. For example: errpt | awk 'BEGIN { errore=0 } substr($2,1,4) /'ParamData'/ { .... } ' ParamData=`date +"%m%d"` Now I wish to obtain (output) a value. Using this method is it possible to re-write ParamData, for example? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing awk variable to the shell script

hi; i have a file containing lines like: 1|1069108123|96393669788|00963215755711|2|0|941||;serv:Pps6aSyria;first:0;bear i want to extract the second, third and fourth record of each line and store it in a file ";" seperated this is what i wrote while read line do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable values to awk command

Hi, I have a situation where I have to specify a different value to an awk command, I beleive i have the gist of this done, however I am not able to get this correct. Here is what I have so far echo $id 065859555 This value occurs in a "pipe" delimited file in postition 8. Hence I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to awk while in a shell for loop

I am a newbie to awk and c programming, however am not a unix newbie. However, I do need help with a kshell script I am writing. It is almost complete, the last step is killing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What I am trying to do is cat a text file that has usernames. Then, using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Shell Variable to awk

Hello, I have a file with 4 columns. An arbitrary example is shown below: a Tp 10 xyz b Tq 8 abc c Tp 99 pqr d Tp 44 rst e Tr 98 efg Based on the values in col 2 and col 3, I will execute another program. I have been running this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing of variable values to remote server

Hi, My script will take 3 i/p's from user. Now i need to pass these 3 values to remote server. Please find my code. while do echo " To which server you want to connect ? " echo " 1. server1 \n" echo " 2. server2 \n" read opt_server if then echo "enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree143reddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variable to awk script

I want to pass a shell variable to awk script : # cat file PSAPSR3 3722000 91989.25 2 98 PSAPSR7 1562000 77000.1875 5 95 PSAPUNDO 92000 4087.5625 4 96 #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple column values to UNIX variable

sqlplus -s $USER_ID@$SID/$PWD<<EOF>sql_1.txt set feedback off set heading off select 114032 as c_1 from dual ; EOF for i in `cat sql_1.txt` do sh script_1.sh $i Currently i am passing one column value to the single unix variable. How can i pass the values from 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Shell Variable to awk

Hello All, May i please why my shell variable is not getting passed into awk script. #!/bin/bash -vx i="1EB07C50" /bin/awk -v ID="$i" '/ID/ {match($0,/ID/);print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}' /var/log/ScriptLogs/keys.13556.txt Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign awk values to shell variable?

Hi Gurus, I have a script which assign awk output to shell variable. current it uses two awk command to assign value to two variables. I want to use one command to assign two values to two variables. I tried the code, but it does't work. kindly provide your suggestion. current code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
February 4, 2002 BSD