Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level? Post 302773271 by Scott on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 03:27:55 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Why don't you start from the beginning and tell us exactly what's happened?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

screen problem

Hi Can anyone help with the following problem. I have an ultra 5 box running SunOS 5.6, since a reboot last week the following error message has appeared on the servers screen resulting in no one being able to login to the box direct: - INT: Command is respawning too rapidly. check for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with screen

Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to send commands from one screen to another. For example i wish to send a simple "ls -all" from screen #1 to screen #2, can it be done, and how? :confused: Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurth
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

4. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

6. Programming

Information from screen

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction on this one. What I'm basically trying to do is write a program to grab information off a webpage which is continually updating itself. I dont want to say take millions of screen shots, I just want the program to constantly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnnaLynn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move directories up one level

hi , could you help me with shell scripting in a shell script i have these commands a=`ls -R $dir | grep ./ ` cp -R ./$a/* ./$output/ with the first command i have all the directories with the second command i want to copy them in a new directory something like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faethon
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Linux

Screen command

Hey Guys, Linux screen command is not working . listing shows it is attached and i pressed some ctrl keys and went out of control. i believe i locked it . when i try to reattach and press ctrl keys , it get typed in the screen without responding to it. Please tell how to unlock the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdsaleemj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

O/P same as on screen

#Random Scripts 4 #Desc: clear echo "1. To see all processes currently running on the system" echo "2. To kill any given process" echo "Choose between the two" read x case $x in "1")print `ps aux`;; "2") echo "Choose a process to be killed" read y check=`ps ax | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: targetshell
1 Replies
BTRFS-DEBUG-TREE(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       BTRFS-DEBUG-TREE(8)

NAME
btrfs-debug-tree - dump Btrfs filesystem metadata into stdout. SYNOPSIS
btrfs-debug-tree [options] <device> DESCRIPTION
btrfs-debug-tree is used to dump the whole tree of the given device. This is maybe useful for analyzing filesystem state or inconsistence and has a positive educational effect on understanding the internal structure. device is the device file where the filesystem is stored. Options -e print detailed extents info. -d print info of btrfs device and root tree dirs only. -r print info of roots only. -b <block_num> print info of the specified block only. EXIT CODE
btrfs-debug-tree will return 0 if no error happened. If any problems happened, 1 will be returned. AUTHOR
Written by Shilong Wang and Wenruo Qu. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Fujitsu, Inc. License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2 <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFS-DEBUG-TREE(8)