Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Two columns-Common records - 20 files Post 302773245 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 02:46:16 PM
Old 02-27-2013
with 245 posts (most of which were awk-related)... what have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Comparing the common columns of a table in two files

Hi, I have two text files.The first and the 2nd file have data in the same format For e.g. The first file has BOOKS COUNT: 40 BOOKS AUTHOR1 SUM:1018 MAX:47 MIN:1 AVG:25.45 BOOKS AUTHOR3 SUM:181 MAX:48 MIN:3 AVG:18.1 Note:Read it as Table columnname sum(column) max(column) min(column)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records using AWK

Hi, To be honest, I am really impressed and amazed at the pace I find solutions for un-solved coding mysteries in this forum. I have a file like this input1.txt x y z 1 2 3 a b c 4 -3 7 k l m n 0 p 1 2 a b c 4 input2 x y z 9 0 -1 a b c 0 6 9 k l m 8 o p 1 2 a f x 9 Output... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records after matching on different columns

Hi, I have the following files. cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt The logic is as follows.... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records

Hi, I have the following files, A M 2 3 B E 4 5 C I 5 6 D O 4 5 A M 3 4 B E 5 2 F U 7 9 J K 2 3 OUTPUT A M 2 3 3 4 B E 4 5 5 2 thanks in advance, (7 Replies)
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records

Hi , My requirement is to Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records and get the ouptut containing all the non-matching records from File A(with all column values ) .Example data below : File A contains following : Aishvarya |1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishvarya.singh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common values in 2 columns in 2 files

Hello, Suppose I have these 2 tab delimited files, where the second column in first file contains matching values from first column of the second file, I would like to get an output like this: File A 1 A 2 B 3 C File B A Apple C Cinnabon B Banana I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge selective columns from files based on common key

Hi, I am trying to selectively merge two files based on keys reported in the 1st column. File1: #file1-header1 file1-header2 111 qwe rtz uio 198 asd fgh jkl 165 yxc 789 poi uzt rew 89 lkj File2: #file2-header2 file2-header2 165 ghz nko2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing fastq files and outputting common records

I have two files: File_1: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCAGAAGCAGCAT + GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8F ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste columns based on common column: multiple files

Hi all, I've multiple files. In this case 5. Space separated columns. Each file has 12 columns. Each file has 300-400K lines. I want to get the output such that if a value in column 2 is present in all the files then get all the columns of that value and print it side by side. Desired output... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
15 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)