Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator Post 302772945 by dsfreddie on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 05:20:19 AM
Old 02-27-2013
Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to NDM 3 files from LINUX to Mainframe system & trigger a job in mainframe once the 3 files are transmitted successfully.

I am getting an error message in the && operator (the code component where i am checking whether step 1/2/3 are completed).

Pls find the code below.

Quote:
STEP1 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE1_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE1_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=500,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000478,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
STEP2 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE2_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE2_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=500,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000478,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
STEP3 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE3_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE3_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=100,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000500,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
TEST if [[ STEP1 -eq 0 && STEP2 -eq 0 && STEP3 -eq 0 ]]; then
STEP4 run task (PGM=U7SVC) sysopts="'CA7=CA72;D=CA7TRIGT.WCCT.$WCC1SDAR.DUPTIN.ART'" snode
Error Message:

Quote:
XPAS001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Symbolic Not Found at "&&".
XPAS001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Symbolic Not Found at "&&".
XPAM001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Errors Parsing
Can somebody help me resolve this issue.

Thanks Much
Freddie
Can

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ATI && XFree86 (Linux)

Anyone who have any ideas how-to make X faster. I have a ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x card and I wanto get it fast, mostly for movie playback and so. Is there OpenGL and GLX support? regards Esaia (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Esaia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to && operator

"Both cases have to be true for the expression to evaluate "true". is that not so. the following code does a read from a txt file, an then suppose to do the deletion ,but although the condition exists, its not performing the deletion && echo "\n\t Deleting printer ${prt} !!!" if !... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers '&' operator problem

Hello everyone, on the man page of "magic(5)" There is explanation "&, to specify that the value from the file must have set all of the bits that are set in the specified value" . My question is that what is the difference between '&' and equal operator '=' ? I tested it with file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
lldpad(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lldpad(8)

NAME
lldpad - Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) agent daemon SYNOPSIS
lldpad [-h] [-v] [-V] [-d] [-k] [-p] [-s] [-f filename] DESCRIPTION
Executes the LLDP protocol for supported network interfaces. The list of TLVs currently supported are: - IEEE 802.1AB Mandatory TLVs - IEEE 802.1AB Basic Management TLVs - IEEE 802.3 Organizationally Specific TLVs - LLDP-MED Organizationally Specific TLVs - Data Center Bridging capabilities exchange protocol (DCBX) TLVs - Edge Virtual Bridging (EVB) TLVs Capabilities of lldpad include: - Transmission of LLDP PDUs containing enabled TLVs from enabled ports. - Reception of LLDP PDUs from enabled ports. - Operation of the DCBX protocol for interfaces which support the DCB rtnetlink interface. This includes operation of the DCBX state machines above LLDP and corresponding configuration of the DCB parameters of the network interface. Supported DCB features are: Extended Transmission Selection, Priority Flow Control and the FCoE application. - Configuring the DCB settings of the network driver based on the operation of DCBX. - Provides a multi-channel interface for client applications to query and configure features. Events are also generated on the client interface to inform clients of changes. The lldpad package includes two clients: lldptool for general LLDP agent management and dcbtool for DCB management. lldpad supports the versions of the DCB capabilities exchange (DCBX) protocol listed as follows: version 1 - also known as CIN DCBX <http://download.intel.com/technology/eedc/dcb_cep_spec.pdf> version 2 - also known as CEE DCBX <http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2008/az-wadekar-dcbx-capability-exchange-discovery-protocol-1108-v1.01.pdf> IEEE DCBX See the IEEE 802.1Qaz-2011 specification for details. IEEE DCBX is the default DCBX mode for a DCB capable interface so the default and configured IEEE DCBX TLVs will be transmitted when the interface comes up. lldpad can be globally configured to support one of the legacy DCBX versions (CIN or CEE). If the remote LLDP agent does not transmit any IEEE DCBX TLVs and does transmit a legacy DCBX TLV which matches the configured legacy DCBX version, then the DCBX mode will drop back to legacy DCBX mode. It will not transition back to IEEE DCBX mode until the next link reset. If lldpad has dropped back to legacy DCBX mode for a given interface and the daemon is stopped and restarted, the legacy DCBX mode for that interface will be used instead of starting out in IEEE DCBX mode. This behavior only applies to the case where lldpad is restarted and is not persistent across a system reboot. See dcbtool for information on how to globally configure which legacy version of DCBX lldpad executes. See lldptool for information on how to reset the DCBX mode of an interface back to default (starts out in IEEE DCBX mode). lldpad also supports edge virtual bridging as currently under specification in the IEEE 802.1Qb working group. <http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1bg.html> OPTIONS
lldpad has the following command line options: -h show usage information -f filename use the specified file as the configuration file instead of the default file: /var/lib/lldpad/lldpad.conf lldpad expects the direc- tory of the configuration file to exist, but if the configuration file does not exist, then a default configuration file will be created. lldpad creates and maintains the contents of the configuration file. Configuration should be performed by using lldptool or dcbtool. -d run lldpad as a daemon -v show lldpad version -V set lldpad debugging level. Uses syslog debug levels see syslog.2 for details. -k used to terminate the first instance of lldpad that was started (e.g. from initrd). Once lldpad -k has been invoked and lldpad has been restarted, subsequent invocations of lldpad -k will not terminate lldpad. -s remove lldpad state records from shared memory -p do not create PID file /var/run/lldpad.pid on startup NOTE
On termination, lldpad does not undo any of the configurations that it has set. This approach minimizes the risk of restarting the daemon to perform a software update, or of having storage issues during shutdown. Ongoing operation of network interfaces that had been controlled by lldpad may result in unexpected behavior. SEE ALSO
dcbtool(8), lldptool(8), lldptool-dcbx(8), lldptool-ets(8), lldptool-pfc(8), lldptool-app(8), lldptool-med(8), lldptool-vdp(8), lldptool- evb(8) COPYRIGHT
lldpad - LLDP agent daemon with DCBX support Copyright(c) 2007-2012 Intel Corporation. Portions of lldpad are based on: hostapd-0.5.7 Copyright (c) 2004-2008, Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi> LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St - Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. The full GNU General Public License is included in this distribution in the file called "COPYING". SUPPORT
Contact Information: open-lldp Mailing List <lldp-devel@open-lldp.org> March 23, 2012 lldpad(8)