Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove new line in file after unzipping the file? Post 302772863 by hemanthsaikumar on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 03:08:05 AM
Old 02-27-2013
a new line is getting appended to the content of the file...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove header(first line) and trailer(last line) in ANY given file

Hi, I need some help in removing the header (first line) and the trailer (last line) in a give file... The data file actually comes in EBCDIC format and I converted it into ASCII.. Now I need to strip off the first line and the last line.. I think we can use sed to do something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first line from a file and put into another file

I want to remove first line from a file containing 10K + records and want to put that into a new file. Tried sed '1d' filename>newfile This is writing all the records into new file. Can somebody help please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove 1st line of a file and save the file with same old name

Hi friends, I have a doubt, I am not sure whether it is possible ah nu. I am having a file(sample.txt) which contain 5 lines. I want to remove 1st line in the file and save the file with same old name (sample.txt). For removing 1st line i am using sed 1d filename But dono how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the Original size of the file without unzipping the File?

Hi, I don't have enough space on my Unix Box. So, I can't unzip the file and check the size of the file. So, I need to know, Is there any command, to check, how much the unzipped file takes after unzipping. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the first line of a file without using any temporary file

I want remove first line of the file without using any temporary file. Everything should be done in the original file itself since I don't any file creation access whereas I have modify access. It would be great if somebody help in this regard ASAP . Thanks in Advance. Kishore:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Only File Name in Zip File With out Unzipping It

How i print just only the file name in the zip file. unzip -l AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Archive: AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Length Date Time Name -------- ---- ---- ---- 62665745 11-19-13 10:43 AAC_20130930_v13.xml -------- ------- 62665745 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line from file and read file line by line

I have a file output.txt. File looks like this name1 10 name2 2 name3 5 I get a number n and I need to remove all lines which has number (after name) smaller or equal to n number. After that I need to write lines from file and my output must be like this: Output: 'name1 10' Output: 'name2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kubo12312
1 Replies
Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Filters::Standard - Standard filters DESCRIPTION
These filters are automatically composed into Mason::Component. FILTERS
Capture ($ref) Uses "$m->capture" to capture the content in $ref instead of outputting it. % $.Capture(my $content) {{ <!-- this will end up in $content --> % }} ... do something with $content CompCall ($path, @args...) Calls the component with path and @args, just as with "$m->scomp", with an additional coderef argument "yield" that can be invoked to generate the content. Arguments passed to "yield" can be accessed inside the content via @_. This is the replacement for Mason 1's Components With Content <http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?HTML::Mason::Devel#Component_Calls_with_Content>. In index.mc: % $.CompCall ('list_items.mi', items => @items) {{ <li><% $_[0] %></li> % }} In list_items.mi: <%class> has 'items'; has 'yield'; </%class> % foreach my $item (@{$.items}) { <% $.yield->($item) %> % } NoBlankLines Remove lines with only whitespace from content. This % $.NoBlankLines {{ hello world % }} yields hello world Repeat ($count) Repeat the content block $count times. Note that the block is re-executed each time, which may result in different content. <!-- Prints 1 to 5 --> % my $i = 1; % $.Repeat(5) {{ <% $i++ %><br> % }} Tee ($ref) Uses "$m->capture" to capture the content in $ref, and also output it. % $.Tee(my $content) {{ <!-- this will end up in $content and also be output --> % }} ... <!-- output content again down here --> <% $content %> Trim Remove whitespace from the beginning and end of the content. SEE ALSO
Mason::Manual::Filters, Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Filters::Standard(3pm)