Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get Oracle variable in UNIX? Post 302772843 by Arun Mishra on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 03:22:48 AM
Old 02-27-2013
How to get Oracle variable in UNIX?

Hello All,

I need to export various variables in UNIX. But the values of those variables will come from Oracle.

Say i have Oracle query:
Code:

Select
file_id, file_desc, file_freq_cd, load_table_nm, load_stored_procd_nm, load_proc_typ_nm, err_rec_cnt_thrsld_nbr, file_expc_rec_cnt From Table1 where file_id=1

The above query will always return one row.

i have variables to be exported for each of the columns selected above as below:

Code:

export FILE_ID=
export FILE_DESC=
export FILE_FREQ_CD_ID=
export LOAD_TBL_NM=
export LOAD_STORED_PROCD_NM=
export LOAD_PROCD_TYP_NM=
export LOWER_SHORT_NM=
export ERR_REC_CNT_THRSLD_NBR=
export FILE_EXPC_REC_CNT=

I am not sure how can i do this at once. Kindly help me on the same
Any help appreciated!

---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:58 PM ----------

Can anybody please help on the above issue ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable

Hi All, :confused: I have the following code. var=' ' sqlplus user/pass@DB <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 select package.func() into $var from dual; EOF echo $var But, this code does not work to display the value returned by the oracle function. Do we have to bind variables before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass unix variable to oracle

hi , how to pass unix variable to oracle code is ............. #! /bin/ksh echo enter date vale read date1 sqlplus x/y@oracle select * from emp where statrt_date= $date1 is this is correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from oracle & assign it in UNIX variable

Hi Team, I need to get data from oracle table & need to assign that value to unix variable. I have serched the same in other threads. I found the following code. I have tried code to get the value from oracle. but it is not working. The error shows invalid identifier "NAM" & then list all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to oracle procedure

using the script below I want to pass a parameters thorugh my sql call(@/unixsxxx/xxxx/helpenv.sql emptab ) as input into an oracle procedure xxxx_package.proc1(%1,emptab); . I tried %1 but it does not work. Any suggestions. #!bin/ksh set -x # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set oracle variable in function

Hi, I have a function that is suposed to generate a AWR report: #-----------------------# gen_awr() #-----------------------# { sqlplus -s admin/admin@OCEAN11<<ENDOFSQL define num_days = '' define report_type = "html" define begin_snap =$snap1 define end_snap =%snap2 define... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitlib
1 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle Variable Passing Test

Hi, I am trying to get the oracle variables and pass the values in sql placed in procedure. VARIABLE vstat='ASDS,FGDS,VCGD,VCXC' Query : select distinct dept from College where section in ('C','D') AND CODES ='' AND NAMES IN ('RAJ','SAM'); I want CODES values to be taken from vstat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a numeric value from Oracle to UNIX variable without spaces?

Hi, I am using the below code to get a numeric value from oracle to unix variable: BD_RC_CNT=`sqlplus -s ${WMD_DM_CONNECT} <<EOF set heading off set pagesize 0 Select count(*) from wmd_bad_data where proc_id = ${PROC_ID} and file_id = ${FILE_ID} and file_dt =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies
mdbFontset(5)							 The m17n Library						     mdbFontset(5)

NAME
mdbFontset - Fontset DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads a fontset definition from the m17n database by the tags <fontset, FONTSET-NAME>. The plist format of the data is as follows: FONTSET ::= PER-SCRIPT * PER-CHARSET * FALLBACK * PER-SCRIPT ::= '(' SCRIPT PER-LANGUAGE + ')' PER-LANGUAGE ::= '(' LANGUAGE FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' PER-CHARSET ::= '(' CHARSET FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' FALLBACK ::= FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC [ FLT-NAME ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY [ OTF-SPEC ] [ LANG-SPEC ] ')' SCRIPT is a symbol of script name (e.g. latin, han) or nil. LANGUAGE is a two-letter symbol of language name code defined by ISO 639 (e.g. ja, zh) or nil. FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. OTF-SPEC is a symbol specifyng the required OTF features. The symbol name has the following syntax. OTF-SPEC-NAME ::= ':otf=' SCRIPT LANGSYS ? GSUB-FEATURES ? GPOS-FEATURES ? SCRIPT ::= SYMBOL LANGSYS ::= '/' SYMBOL GSUB-FEATURES ::= '=' FEATURE-LIST ? GPOS-FEATURES ::= '+' FEATURE-LIST ? FEATURE-LIST ::= '~' ? FEATURE ( ',' '~' ? FEATURE ',' ) Here, FEATURE is a four-letter Open Type feature. LANG-SPEC is a symbol specifying the required language support. The symbol name has the following syntax. LANG-SPEC-NAME ::= ':lang=' LANG Here, LANG is a two or three-letter ISO-639 language code. FLT-NAME is a name of Font Layout Table (Font Layout Table). EXAMPLE
This is an example of PER_SCRIPT. (han (ja ((jisx0208.1983-0))) (zh ((gb2312.1980-0))) (nil ((big5-0)))) It instructs the font selector to use a font of registry 'jisx0208.1983-0' for a 'han' character (i.e. a character whose Mscript property is 'han') if the character has Mlanguage text property 'ja' in an M-text and the character is in the repertories of such fonts. Otherwise, try a font of registry 'gb2312.1980-0' or 'big5-0'. If that 'han' character does not have Mlanguage text property, try all three fonts. See the function mdraw_text() for the detail of how a font is selected. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontset(5)