Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove new line in file after unzipping the file? Post 302772829 by panyam on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 01:54:29 AM
Old 02-27-2013
You mean , a new line is getting added to "file name" or "to each line in the file content".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove header(first line) and trailer(last line) in ANY given file

Hi, I need some help in removing the header (first line) and the trailer (last line) in a give file... The data file actually comes in EBCDIC format and I converted it into ASCII.. Now I need to strip off the first line and the last line.. I think we can use sed to do something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first line from a file and put into another file

I want to remove first line from a file containing 10K + records and want to put that into a new file. Tried sed '1d' filename>newfile This is writing all the records into new file. Can somebody help please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove 1st line of a file and save the file with same old name

Hi friends, I have a doubt, I am not sure whether it is possible ah nu. I am having a file(sample.txt) which contain 5 lines. I want to remove 1st line in the file and save the file with same old name (sample.txt). For removing 1st line i am using sed 1d filename But dono how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the Original size of the file without unzipping the File?

Hi, I don't have enough space on my Unix Box. So, I can't unzip the file and check the size of the file. So, I need to know, Is there any command, to check, how much the unzipped file takes after unzipping. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the first line of a file without using any temporary file

I want remove first line of the file without using any temporary file. Everything should be done in the original file itself since I don't any file creation access whereas I have modify access. It would be great if somebody help in this regard ASAP . Thanks in Advance. Kishore:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Only File Name in Zip File With out Unzipping It

How i print just only the file name in the zip file. unzip -l AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Archive: AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Length Date Time Name -------- ---- ---- ---- 62665745 11-19-13 10:43 AAC_20130930_v13.xml -------- ------- 62665745 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line from file and read file line by line

I have a file output.txt. File looks like this name1 10 name2 2 name3 5 I get a number n and I need to remove all lines which has number (after name) smaller or equal to n number. After that I need to write lines from file and my output must be like this: Output: 'name1 10' Output: 'name2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kubo12312
1 Replies
SMIME_write_PKCS7(3)						      OpenSSL						      SMIME_write_PKCS7(3)

NAME
SMIME_write_PKCS7 - convert PKCS#7 structure to S/MIME format. LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/pkcs7.h> int SMIME_write_PKCS7(BIO *out, PKCS7 *p7, BIO *data, int flags); DESCRIPTION
SMIME_write_PKCS7() adds the appropriate MIME headers to a PKCS#7 structure to produce an S/MIME message. out is the BIO to write the data to. p7 is the appropriate PKCS7 structure. If streaming is enabled then the content must be supplied in the data argument. flags is an optional set of flags. NOTES
The following flags can be passed in the flags parameter. If PKCS7_DETACHED is set then cleartext signing will be used, this option only makes sense for signedData where PKCS7_DETACHED is also set when PKCS7_sign() is also called. If the PKCS7_TEXT flag is set MIME headers for type text/plain are added to the content, this only makes sense if PKCS7_DETACHED is also set. If the PKCS7_STREAM flag is set streaming is performed. This flag should only be set if PKCS7_STREAM was also set in the previous call to PKCS7_sign() or PKCS7_encrypt(). If cleartext signing is being used and PKCS7_STREAM not set then the data must be read twice: once to compute the signature in PKCS7_sign() and once to output the S/MIME message. If streaming is performed the content is output in BER format using indefinite length constructuted encoding except in the case of signed data with detached content where the content is absent and DER format is used. BUGS
SMIME_write_PKCS7() always base64 encodes PKCS#7 structures, there should be an option to disable this. RETURN VALUES
SMIME_write_PKCS7() returns 1 for success or 0 for failure. SEE ALSO
ERR_get_error(3), PKCS7_sign(3), PKCS7_verify(3), PKCS7_encrypt(3) PKCS7_decrypt(3) HISTORY
SMIME_write_PKCS7() was added to OpenSSL 0.9.5 1.0.1i 2009-07-20 SMIME_write_PKCS7(3)