Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the missing date and day in a table? Post 302772814 by Venkatesh1 on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 01:21:46 AM
Old 02-27-2013
Hi bipinajith ,
Am using isql DB on unix Server...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting day from a date...

Hi, I have a date input in MMDDYYYY format.. I have to give the day (whether that DD is sunday/monday...) Is there any command for it... Or do I have to write a script for that... Thanks in Advance Yeheya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date - 1 day

Hi, I have been trying just about every unix command to come up with yesterday's date (today's date - 1). I have seen all of the help on this forum, and none of it seems to work for me here. We are using Sun Solaris 9 Unix. I am using this script to create a .txt file with ftp commands that I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfedak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting date -1 day not using GNU date

It's easy as pie to get the date minus one day on opensolaris: date -d "-1 day" +"%Y%m%d"run this command on our crappy Solaris 10 machines however (which I'm guessing doesn't have GNU date running on it) and you get: date: illegal option -- d date: illegal option -- 1 date: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Missing date

hi team, i have a file contains data as follows F1 file --------------------------- date system name 1-jan-2012 x 1-jan-2012 y 1-jan-2012 x 5-jan-2012 y 3-jan-2012 z 3-jan-2012 z 4-jan-2012 x 4-jan-2012 x ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rabindratech
13 Replies

8. AIX

Need to get the next day's date of the user entered date

I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date for example: Enter date (yyyy/mm/yy): 2013/10/08I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date Desired Output: 2013/10/09Though there are ways to achieve this is Linux or Unix environment (date command) ,I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm120
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill in missing rows with zero to have uniform table

Hello, I have two files of same structure except some rows are missing randomly in each file. How do I fill the missing rows to have the exact ID column (S01 ~ S96) and rest columns filled with "0" with awk? The purpose of this step is to join the two files side by side. The closest thread is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)