Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with linked list.
Top Forums Programming Help with linked list. Post 302772713 by prinsh on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 01:54:23 PM
Old 02-26-2013
Thanks Germany,
You mean I should have done that last linking.
All what I want to do is to link the newly created element to NULL and link Start to the newly created element.
Please can you also tell me what could there be..instead of what I have written.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reverse single linked list

Can any one help me in reversing the single linked list and at the same time i want to print the reversed links. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

3. Programming

shared memory with linked list??

is this possible, if so plz please share with me.. Correct English please, not Cyber-/Leetspeak (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_manpage
11 Replies

4. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

5. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

6. Programming

How to check if something exists in linked list in C?

i have a linked list set up like typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; int client_socket_fd; struct client_list *next; } client; client *client_list=NULL; before adding to the list i check if it already exists, only if it does not then i add if (client_list==NULL... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to check if something exists in a struct linked list?

can someone provide an example of a struct linked list, where it has strings as its values, and then how do I check if a specific string (say called buffer) exists in the list of structs? i dont understand how to make a copy of it to check with this is what i have ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
DWARF_NEW_DIE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  DWARF_NEW_DIE(3)

NAME
dwarf_new_die -- allocate a new debugging information entry LIBRARY
DWARF Access Library (libdwarf, -ldwarf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libdwarf.h> Dwarf_P_Die dwarf_new_die(Dwarf_P_Debug dbg, Dwarf_Tag tag, Dwarf_P_Die parent, Dwarf_P_Die child, Dwarf_P_Die left, Dwarf_P_Die right, Dwarf_Error *err); DESCRIPTION
Function dwarf_new_die() allocates a new DWARF debugging information entry and links it to another debugging information entry. Argument dbg should reference a DWARF producer instance allocated using dwarf_producer_init(3) or dwarf_producer_init_b(3). Argument tag should specify the tag of the newly created debugging information entry. Valid values for this argument are those for the DW_TAG_* symbols defined in <libdwarf.h>. Argument parent specifies the parent link of the debugging information entry. Argument child specifies the first child link of the debugging information entry. Argument left specifies the left sibling link of the debugging information entry. Argument right specifies the right sibling link of the debugging information entry. Only one of arguments parent, child, left and right is allowed to be non-NULL. Application code can subsequently call the function dwarf_die_link(3) to change the links for the created debugging information entry. If argument err is not NULL, it will be used to store error information in case of an error. RETURN VALUES
On success, function dwarf_new_die() returns the newly created debugging information entry. In case of an error, function dwarf_new_die() returns DW_DLV_BADADDR and sets the argument err. ERRORS
Function dwarf_new_die() can fail with: [DW_DLE_ARGUMENT] Argument dbg was NULL. [DW_DLE_ARGUMENT] More than one of the arguments parent, child, left and right were non-NULL. [DW_DLE_MEMORY] An out of memory condition was encountered during the execution of the function. EXAMPLES
To create debugging information entries and add them to the producer instance, use: Dwarf_P_Debug dbg; Dwarf_P_Die die1, die2; Dwarf_Error de; /* ... assume dbg refers to a DWARF producer instance ... */ die1 = dwarf_new_die(dbg, DW_TAG_compilation_unit, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, &de); if (die1 == NULL) { warnx("dwarf_new_die failed: %s", dwarf_errmsg(-1)); return; } die2 = dwarf_new_die(dbg, DW_TAG_base_type, die1, NULL, NULL, NULL, &de); if (die1 == NULL) { warnx("dwarf_new_die failed: %s", dwarf_errmsg(-1)); return; } if (dwarf_add_die_to_debug(dbg, die1, &de) != DW_DLV_OK) { warnx("dwarf_add_die_to_debug failed: %s", dwarf_errmsg(-1)); return; } SEE ALSO
dwarf(3), dwarf_add_die_to_debug(3), dwarf_die_link(3), dwarf_producer_init(3), dwarf_producer_init_b(3) BSD
September 4, 2011 BSD