Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nawk One Liner to Count Field Combinations Post 302772699 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 01:30:55 PM
Old 02-26-2013
The comma before tgcd[$5 $11]++ should be a semicolon

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append field to file(nawk)

I have two files. File A and File B. File A has two fields separated by comma 352020252365988, 652020100572356 546876543215667, 652065465654686 ... File B has many Fields separate by spaces Date Name 352020252365988 Reference Date2 Name2 546876543215667 Reference I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk. I have a file that has multiple lines on it and I need to read the file 1 at a time and then count the fields and field separators and then store those numbers in variables. I then need to delete the first 5 fields and the blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk-how count the number of occurances of a pattern, when don't know the pattern

I've written a script to count the total size of SAN storage LUNs, and also display the LUN sizes. From server to server, the LUNs sizes differ. What I want to do is count the occurances as they occur and change. These are the LUN sizes: 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyber111
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of Field for Non-Empty

Hi Guys, I wanted to count the number of records for a particular field of a file. whose fields are separated by comma"," I fI use this command. cat "filename" cut -sd "," -f13 | wc -l This shows all the lines count including the blank values for the field number 13. I wanted to count... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of occurences of a character in a field defined by the character in another field

Hello, I have a text file with n lines in the following format (9 column fields): Example: contig00012 149606 G C 49 68 60 18 c$cccccacccccccccc^c I need to count the number of lower-case and upper-case occurences in column 9, respectively, of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (nawk) field separator

Hi; i have a file and i want to get; - If the last word in line 14 is NOT equal to "Set."; then print 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th values of 3rd line. and my code is: nawk 'NR==14 {if ($NF!="Set.") (NR==3{print $2,$3,$4,$5}) }' file.txt but no result?? :confused::(:confused::( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating all possible combinations of values in field 1 (awk)

Input: A|1 B|2 C|3 D|4 Output: A+B|3 A+C|4 A+D|5 B+C|5 B+D|6 C+D|7 A+B+C|6 A+B+D|7 A+C+D|8 B+C+D|9 A+B+C+D|10 I only managed to get the output for pairs of $1 values (i.e. combination of length 2): (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FYI - gotcha when using a nawk one liner to convert a processes RSS to MB

I used the following one liner (obtained from an old thread on this site) to look for RSS size of a process and convert it to Mb (I am using process nfsmapid as an example): ps -eo rss,args | nawk 'END { print s/1024, "Mb" } /nfsmapid/ { s += $1 }' I found that the RSS Mb displayed was always... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thaebich
1 Replies
Count(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						Count(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Count - Lire class that implements the count operator SYNOPSIS
use Lire::Count DESCRIPTION
Class that implements the count operator. This operator counts the number of DLF records in the current group. If the fields attribute is set, the count statistics will be equals to the number of different values present in the fields specified by that attribute. Its also possible to express the count as a ratio of the total count for the group or table. METHODS
new( %params ) Creates a new Lire::Count object. In addition to the values supported by its parents, the fields and ratio attributes will be initialized to the values specified in the %params argument. fields( [$new_fields] ) Returns the fields for which we are counting the different values. This a reference to an array of DLF field names. If the $new_fields parameter is set, it will be used as the new $fields value. It must be an array reference and should only contains valid field names for the current report specification's schema. ratio([$new_ratio]) Returns how the count will be expressed. This can one of three possible values: none Default. The absolute count will be used. group The count will be expressed as a percentage of the group's count. table The count will be expressed as a percentage of the table's total count. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportSpec(3pm), Lire::ReportOperator(3pm), Lire::Aggregator(3pm), Lire::Aggregate(3pm). AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: Count.pm,v 1.16 2008/03/09 19:27:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2008-03-09 Count(3pm)