Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare 2 file and write result Post 302772536 by pamu on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 01:52:53 AM
Old 02-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay Hegde
Thanks pamu its working will you please explain..suppose files contains different number of columns say file1.txt contains 5 columns reference.txt contains 10 columns then
Code:
A[$0]=$0

, won't help I think
Yes it won't work in that case. Because our matching criteria as $0 itself won't work here.

As per our matching pattern we can have arrays. Assume column 1 and 2 from file1.txt and column 2 and 5 from reference.txt. and print file1.txt.
Then we can use sth like this..

Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{A[$2,$5]=$0; next}{print A[$1,$2]?$0 FS "available" : $0 FS "not available" }' reference.txt file1.txt

Hope this helps you

pamu
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write result to output file

Good morning everybody, Beeing an absolute newbie in shell scripting I would like to look for some help here. I would like to read an external text file and format the data and write it to an output file. What I was trying to do was to display the result (this worked). But now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejean1976
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to write result to a file

Hello, How can I run this script every 1 hour and save its result to result.txt ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' Regards Shaan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and create a result file with unmatched lines from first file.?

HI, I have 2 text files. file1 and file2. file1.txt (There are no duplicates in this file) 1234 3232 4343 3435 6564 6767 1213 file2.txt 1234,wq,wewe,qwqw 1234,as,dfdf,dfdf 4343,asas,sdds,dsds 6767,asas,fdfd,fdffd I need to search each number in file1.txt in file2.txt's 1st... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two and write updated output in third file

Hi Linux Experts. I have a requirement where i need to update the thousands of table definitions to extend the column length and character set therefore i am looking for some sort of linux script which i can use to update the length and chacterset. I have two files In first file i have 7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 columns from the same file and print a value depending on the result

Hello Unix gurus, I have a file with this format (example values): label1 1 0 label2 1 0 label3 0.4 0.6 label4 0.5 0.5 label5 0.1 0.9 label6 0.9 0.1 in which: column 1 is a row label column 2 and 3 are values I would like to do a simple operation on this table and get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl and write custom result to file

I have the following script, for i in $(cat MyWebApps); do curl -u manager:tH1s1s4f3k3p4ssw0Rd http://10.10.10.10:7529/manager/jmxproxy/"?get=Catalina:type=Manager,context=/$i,host=localhost&att=activeSessions"; done Which gives me an output like this OK - Attribute get... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
12 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)