Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cannot make pipe for process substitution: Too many open files Post 302772368 by CiCa on Monday 25th of February 2013 08:09:09 AM
Old 02-25-2013
Thanks RudiC...

The problem I have with the dates, is that pntadm -P <subnet> outputs the date for each IP address on that subnet in the mm/dd/yyyy format, this is why I took the current date and broke it into seperate numbers for easy comparison - again probably not the slickest way of doing it, considering each run of pntadm -Poutputs around 257 lines - but it's the best I've got.

Reading the data into an array was something I thought about, although I'm not very familiar with array manipulation i.e. writing/reading data to and from an array - so this idea didn't progress either.

Maybe my error has something to do with a while loop within a while loop...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Open Files for a process

I am having a client/server application which will download files from server. If server has directories, it will create directories/sub directories and then download files. In this process, I observed that number of open files are more than 400 (which is approxmately same as number of dir/subdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyam90
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance pls - pipe error: Too many open files in system

When I run a bash script in the customer system, it throws the warning and script exits Exec '/root/sample.sh' @ hostname-- OK (warn) /root/sample.sh: pipe error: Too many open files in system /root/sample.sh: n + : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " ") Exec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyamirra
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Make to batch process files

Hello all, I have a make question, and I was hoping somebody here might be able to point me in the right direction. Here is my issue; I have a command-line tool that I use to run a conversion on an input XML file that results in an output binary file. However, this particular tool needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jujumbura
1 Replies

7. Programming

Make: Bad Substitution

Hi, I have a make file which I try to execute, but it failed when it arrived to the line: for r in ${PIPESTATUS }; do if (($r != 0)); then exit $r; fi;done; With the Error: ""make:/bin/sh: Bad substitution"" Or the Error: "make:${PIPESTATUS[...}: Bad substitution" (Depend on the operating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadne
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns different results while substitution on a pipe delimited file

Hi, Need help with a sed command that I am using to substitute 3 positions of a pipe delimited file. i am getting different results while substituting the same position of two different files with the same value. Please see details below: $ cat chk2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmenon
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment variable substitution in Linux make

I know that I can do this in bash ver=${VERSION:-$DEFVERSION} so ver is $VERSION if it's set but $DEFVERSION if $VERSION isn't set I want to do the same thing as a macro in a Makefile and can't get it to work - maybe something like... VER=$(shell ${$(VERSION):-$(DEFVERSION)}) Any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Process to use open files

I would like to test open files usage in my system, if I want to create a process ( or script ) that can use a certain amount ( eg. 1000 ) of open files , is it possible to create such process ( or script ) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)