Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to delete all mail at once? Post 302772278 by cjashu on Sunday 24th of February 2013 11:14:22 PM
Old 02-25-2013
How to delete all mail at once?

Hi guys,

I have 459 mails sent to me by cron. I stopped the service and I will like to delete all the mail.

Is there a command I can use to delete all my mail at once?

Thanks guys

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete all my mail in Linux Red Hat 7.2???

I have so many mails in my mailbox and I just cant delete each one individually. Is there a way to clear up every mail in my mail box without having to actually deal with each one separately???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete all mail in mailx

Hello all, Can some help me write a small script that when executed will delete all mail in mailx? I am having issues where /var is getting full often due to a lot of mail being stored, I would like to run a script on cron which would delete mail every 2 days, any help is much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqloyd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all mails using mailx or mail

Hi , ?im a newbie using shell scripts. Is there any way to write a script that will delete all mails from my mailbox using mail or mailx command Thanks for your time E. Festas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I delete the file var/spool/mail/news?

The file var/spool/mail/news has grown very large and takes up too much space. Can I delete this without any problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX auto delete old mail messages

We have had an issue where the mail file filled up. Is there a setting in sendmail.cf to automatically remove old emails? Say after 14 days. If not is there any way automatically to delete older mail files?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move and later delete mail data of nonexistant users.

Hello everyone! i hope u can help me... i need a script that is able to do: When a user gets deleted in the ldap DB, the mail folder remains. How can i move to another location and delete it after a month? :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbreaker12
2 Replies

8. Linux

How can I search and delete mail?

Hi, I'd like to delete emails on one of my Linux boxes using a criteria and I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions? The emails I'd like to delete have all the following sub-string: checkdefunct.sh.sh I have more than 187.000 emails and 90% of them I'd like to get rid of. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
IPURGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPURGE(8)

NAME
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size SYNOPSIS
ipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -o ] [ -d days | -b bytes | -k Kbytes | -m Mbytes ] [ mailbox-pattern... ] DESCRIPTION
Ipurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified. Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders. Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-f Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d days Age of message in days. -b bytes Size of message in bytes. -k Kbytes Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes). -m Mbytes Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes). -x Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger). -X Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches -i Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller -s Skip over messages that have the Flagged flag set. -o Only purge messages that have the Deleted flag set. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus IPURGE(8)