Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep help (match two strings one line) Post 302772217 by holyearth on Sunday 24th of February 2013 01:00:52 PM
Old 02-24-2013
Thanks, that's a good solution!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep N lines after match and then print them on 1 line each

Hello I need some help with this job. file.txt ----- cut ---- TARGET 13/11/08 20:43:21 POINT 1 MOVE 8 772102y64312417771 TARGET 13/11/08 21:10:01 POINT 2 MOVE 5 731623jjd12njhd ----- cut ---- this is the example. i need to grep for the word TARGET and print next 4 lines like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alekkz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep N lines after match and then print them on 1 line each

Hello I have a silly question. I need to grep a match in text file and then print 5 lines after it. grep -A 5 .... do it. OK The next thing I can not handle is I need each output to be on 1 line match line2 line3 line4 line5 match line2 line3 line4 line5 etc.. I will really... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alekkz
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a string and print strings on that line

i have a file like below ABS 12234 A C 12G CFY 23865 A C 34D i want to grep "A C" then print ABS 12G 12234 CFY 34D 23865 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greping next line after grep match

Hi All I have a file with tha same line multiple times and its easy to grep out those lines using grep "pattern" filealthough I need to know exactly what the next line after those lines are Can anyone please shed some light on this on how i can simultaneously grep the pattern and the next line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 2 same strings in a same line??

I have this code TrackingId:1362412470675;MSISDN:; INFO - number of clietns:3:Received response is: EMSResponse , protocolVersion=5, purchaseOptions=null, serviceData=ServiceData , screenData=CanvasData ]], title=null, titleResource=MessageResource], screenType=null]], serviceId=idBamboo,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: show only first match per line?

Hi, can I make grep stop after finding the first occurrence of a regex in a line? Given: file with various regex patterns file to be grep'ed Sadly some of the regex patterns cannot be limited any further, so grep -Eiof patterns.txt file.txt (GNU grep 2.20) will give me possibly n hits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed or grep filter a line and/or between strings

Hi, I have multiple files on a directory with the following content: blahblah blahblah hostname server1 blahblah blahblah ---BEGIN--- aaa bbb ccc ddd ---END--- blahblah blahblah blahblah I would like to filter all the files with awk or sed or something else so I can get below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayupw
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
pnmmontage(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pnmmontage(1)

NAME
pnmmontage - create a montage of portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmmontage [-?|-help] [-header=headerfile] [-quality=n] [-prefix=prefix] [-0|-1|-2|...|-9] pnmfile... DESCRIPTION
Packs images of differing sizes into a minimum-area composite image, optionally producing a C header file with the locations of the subim- ages within the composite image. OPTIONS
-?, -help Displays a (very) short usage message. -header Tells pnmmontage to write a C header file of the locations of the original images within the packed image. Each original image gen- erates four #defines within the packed file: xxxX, xxxY, xxxSZX, and xxxSZY, where xxx is the name of the file, converted to all uppercase. The #defines OVERALLX and OVERALLY are also produced, specifying the total size of the montage image. -prefix Tells pnmmontage to use the specified prefix on all of the #defines it generates. -quality Before attempting to place the subimages, pnmmontage will calculate a minimum possible area for the montage; this is either the total of the areas of all the subimages, or the width of the widest subimage times the height of the tallest subimage, whichever is greater. pnmmontage then initiates a problem-space search to find the best packing; if it finds a solution that is (at least) as good as the minimum area times the quality as a percent, it will break out of the search. Thus, -q 100 will find the best possible solution; however, it may take a very long time to do so. The default is -q 200. -0, -1, ... -9 These options control the quality at a higher level than -q; -0 is the worst quality (literally pick the first solution found), while -9 is the best quality (perform an exhaustive search of problem space for the absolute best packing). The higher the number, the slower the computation. The default is -5. NOTES
Using -9 is excessively slow on all but the smallest image sets. If the anymaps differ in maxvals, then pnmmontage will pick the smallest maxval which is evenly divisible by each of the maxvals of the original images. SEE ALSO
pnmcat(1), pnmindex(1), pnm(5), pam(5), pbm(5), pgm(5), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2000 by Ben Olmstead. 31 December 2000 pnmmontage(1)