Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editting a record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Editting a record Post 302772108 by RudiC on Saturday 23rd of February 2013 05:31:56 AM
Old 02-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert89
So please suggest a better code .
What about considering all the proposals - that, btw, satisfy your original requirements - and develop a "better" code yourself? On top, your specification left quite some questions open that occurred in the discussion - pls answer them first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file editting with shell programmin

Hello, I have several handreds of text files. The format of file looks like: column1 column2 column3 column4 column5 id1 definition1 name1 fieldid comm1 id2 definition2 name2 fieldid ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file editting commands

ok, are there any other file editting commands out there other than the below that comes with sunsolaris & linux vi, emacs, ed, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

editting file

Hi, I am having sequence of process ids in one file. My file contents is (Output of fuser someobject.so). 654 14583 17890 25902 This no. of processes may vary depends up on the object. I want to check all the processes one by one. If i want to apply egrep, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching IDs from two files and editting

I have two files. One has: ID# 0 a b c d e f g h i j k....................~2 milion columns ID# 0 l m n o p q r s t u v....................~2 milion columns . . . ~6000 lines Other has: ID# 1 or ID# 2 . . ~6000 lines (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editting each line in a file

Hi Can anyone please help me in resolving my issue. I have a file with entries like this t9787ms 99970 22/08/2010 12:30 /www.google.com t9788ms 99942 22/08/2010 12:40 /www.google.com t4788ms 88942 22/08/2010 01:40 /www.google.com there are around 5 lakh records of this type my requirement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reject the record if the record in the next line does not satisfy the pattern

Hi, I have a input file with the following entries: 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six 1seven 1eight 1nine 2ten The output should be 1one 2two 3three 1four 2five 3six (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supchand
2 Replies

7. Linux

Problem editting the first occurence of a pattern in the first uncommented line

Hi I have to replace a pattern found in the first uncommented line in a file. The challenge I'm facing is there are several such similar lines but I have to edit only the first uncommented line. Eg: #this is example #/root/xyz:Old_Pattern /root/xyz:Old_Pattern /root/xyz:Old_Pattern ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stoner008
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need code for updating second record to first record in shell scripting

Hi,, I have requirement that i need to get DISTINCT values from a table and if there are two records i need to update it to one record and then need to submit INSERT statements by using the updated value as a parameter. Here is the example follows.. SELECT DISTINCT ID FROM OFFER_GROUP WHERE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)