Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multi-factor authentication
Operating Systems HP-UX Multi-factor authentication Post 302772037 by MadeInGermany on Friday 22nd of February 2013 01:49:25 PM
Old 02-22-2013
All authentication is done by PAM.
Read man pam

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My partition disappeared!!!! URGENT!! (newbie factor)

I just inst freeBSD boot installation and it didnt work for(probably my lack of knowledge) reasons but i now have to partitions in freeBSD and i really need them back for windows at the moment. i just cant find them. The bad thing is that i only got this bundled version of windows so i cant really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
2 Replies

2. AIX

chvg -t (factor size) - risk?

have machine running AIX 4.3.3ML 11. It's rootvg has about 1GB of space available and is made up of 2 9GB drives. We are going to upgrade it to AIX 5.x but wanted more disk space for the upgrade. So was going to install 2 new 18GB drives. The plan was to bring the 2 18GB drives in as hdisk# and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spattson
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell, read table and write the value for each factor to output

Hey guyz, I have a table like this: 1 A=#;B=#;C=# 2 A=#;C=#;D=#;E=#;E=# 3 B=#;B=#;B=#;D=# # are just some numbers. I want to have the output like this: * 1 2 3 A # # NA B # NA # C # # NA D NA # # E NA # NA So basically, I wanna know in each of the rows in my input (which... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on writing data from 2 different files to one based on a common factor

Hello all, I have 2 text files. For example: File1.txt contains data A B C D ****NEXT**** X Y Z ****NEXT**** L M N and File2.txt contains data (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
13 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Two Factor Authentication – Best for the UNIX/Linux Server Security

The UNIX/Linux server security is challenging because these servers are at a risk of getting compromised at any point of time by the attackers. In today's enterprise environment, the UNIX and Linux servers are growing popular. With their increased popularity, these servers have become the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reve-secure
1 Replies
PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)

NAME
pam-auth-update - manage PAM configuration using packaged profiles SYNOPSIS
pam-auth-update [--package [--remove profile [profile...]]] [--force] DESCRIPTION
pam-auth-update is a utility that permits configuring the central authentication policy for the system using pre-defined profiles as sup- plied by PAM module packages. Profiles shipped in the /usr/share/pam-configs/ directory specify the modules, with options, to enable; the preferred ordering with respect to other profiles; and whether a profile should be enabled by default. Packages providing PAM modules reg- ister their profiles at install time by calling pam-auth-update --package. Selection of profiles is done using the standard debconf inter- face. The profile selection question will be asked at `medium' priority when packages are added or removed, so no user interaction is required by default. Users may invoke pam-auth-update directly to change their authentication configuration. The script makes every effort to respect local changes to /etc/pam.d/common-*. Local modifications to the list of module options will be preserved, and additions of modules within the managed portion of the stack will cause pam-auth-update to treat the config files as locally modified and not make further changes to the config files unless given the --force option. If the user specifies that pam-auth-update should override local configuration changes, the locally-modified files will be saved in /etc/pam.d/ with a suffix of .pam-old. OPTIONS
--package Indicate that the caller is a package maintainer script; lowers the priority of debconf questions to `medium' so that the user is not prompted by default. --remove profile [profile...] Remove the specified profiles from the system configuration. pam-auth-update --remove should be used to remove profiles from the configuration before the modules they reference are removed from disk, to ensure that PAM is in a consistent and usable state at all times during package upgrades or removals. --force Overwrite the current PAM configuration, without prompting. This option must not be used by package maintainer scripts; it is intended for use by administrators only. FILES
/etc/pam.d/common-* Global configuration of PAM, affecting all installed services. /usr/share/pam-configs/ Package-supplied authentication profiles. AUTHOR
Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Canonical Ltd. SEE ALSO
PAM(7), pam.d(5), debconf(7) Debian 08/23/2008 PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)