Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Changing txt files to pure UTF-8 Post 302772033 by DGPickett on Friday 22nd of February 2013 01:34:54 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with UTF-8 BOM

Hi, there: I am relatively new to Unix. So, I am not even sure if I am asking is an easy or difficult task. I want to peform GREP like command which will generate a list of files with a file format of UTF-8. I would especially like to know whether the files use UTF-8 or UTF-8N (in other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotoponus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

3. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing txt

Hi all, I currently use this code to delete text from file names when they are dropped in a folder. find . -type f | while read i;do && mv "$i" "${i//2009abc/}" ;done I have four versions of the code that delete the unwanted text if it has 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 with other standard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey Dean
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving the files in a.txt files to a different directory

HI All, I am coding a shell script which will pick all the .csv files in a particular directoryand write it in to a .txt file, this .txt file i will use as a source in datastage for processing. now after the processing is done I have to move and archive all the files in the .txt file to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhasri_2020
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line in Txt File

So I have a python program that I run, which runs accordingly to options I have listed in a text file (ie user_prefs). Now there are many options listed in this user_prefs.txt, but the one of most interest to me is that of the file path of the time series. I have over a hundred of these time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two txt files,mismatches will be in new txt files

Hi, Below are the sample data for txt files. txt file 1 Partnumber|catgroup_id 10001082|46016 10001093|4680 10001093|386003 10001093|463004 10003251|683 10003251|63005 10003252|463005 10003252|4683 10003260|463005 10003260|4683 10003264|4683 10003264|463005 13420000|67... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Talukdar
5 Replies

8. Linux

Help to Convert file from UNIX UTF-8 to Windows UTF-16

Hi, I have tried to convert a UTF-8 file to windows UTF-16 format file as below from unix machine unix2dos < testing.txt | iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-16 > out.txt and i am getting some chinese characters as below which l opened the converted file on windows machine. LANG=en_US.UTF-8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi. changing txt into table

just discover this thread. It sounds perfect for me because I am following an online course on command line tools and some instruction ... seems not be replicable on my Terminal Here is an example on a txt file with n rows each containing 3 word separated by a space. a b c d e f .... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrMe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert files to UTF-8 on AIX 7.1

Dears, I have a shell script - working perfectly on Oracle Linux - that detects the encoding (the charset to be exact) of the files in a specified directory using the "file" command (The file command outputs the charset in Linux, but doesn't do that in AIX), then if the file isn't a UTF-8 text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeanM-1
4 Replies
YAZ-URL(1)							     Commands								YAZ-URL(1)

NAME
yaz-url - YAZ URL fetch utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-url [-H name:value] [-m method] [-O fname] [-p fname] [-u user/password] [-x proxy] [url...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-url is utility to get web content. It is very limited in functionality compared to programs such as curl, wget. The options must be precede the URL given on the command line to take effect. Fetched HTTP content is written to stdout, unless option -O is given. OPTIONS
-H name:value Specifies HTTP header content with name and value. This option can be given multiple times (for different names, of course). -m method Specifies the HTTP method to be used for the next URL. Default is method "GET". However, option -p sets it to "POST". -O fname Sets output filename for HTTP content. -p fname Sets a file to be POSTed in the folloing URL. -u user/password Specifies a user and a password to be uesd in HTTP basic authentication in the following URL fetch. The user and password must be separated by a slash (this it is not possible to specify a user with a slash in it). -x proxy Specifies a proxy to be used for URL fetch. SEE ALSO
yaz(7) YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-URL(1)