Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove unwanted elements from the command line? Post 302771874 by balajesuri on Thursday 21st of February 2013 11:04:28 PM
Old 02-22-2013
Code:
sed 's/^CREATE/& or replace/'

sed is an excellent tool for such jobs. Take a look at this link.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted data?

Hi Can any one help me remove the unwanted data? I would want to remove the complete event id 4910 ( the type there is INFO), that means, I have to remove starting from 7th - 19th lines. can any one of you please help? Thanks, (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted XML Tags

I have set of sources and the respective resolution. Please advice how to resolve the same using Unix shell scripting. Source 1: ======= <ext:ContactInfo xmlns:ext="urn:AOL.FLOWS.Extensions"> <ext:InternetEmailAddress>AOL@AOL.COM</ext:InternetEmailAddress> </ext:ContactInfo> Resoultion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambals123
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove unwanted packages

I got a system which was installed with SUNWCXall cluster installed on it and i want remove unwanted software like GMNOME, Java Desktop System, Staroffice and numerous other softwares .. i want to do an automated removal of these packages where its uninstalled by itself ..from the is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Remove Unwanted Libraries - optimizing

We have a huge makefile composing of inclusion of libraries, objects and system libraries to generate a binary. How do we find out that which of the libraries we can remove in the most efficient way? Doing hit and trial method is a waste of time and can during the linking with some post linking... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unwanted specific line range

Hello everyone...I have large txt file and I would like to remove unwanted specific line. My data is like this: So I would like to remove from line below No. until line reassambled like this: Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taxi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unwanted text using perl

Hello..I have a text file that need to remove unwanted text. This is the original file. No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info 16 0.649949 10.1.1.101 209.225.11.237 HTTP POST /scripts/cms/xcms.asp HTTP/1.1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taxi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted strings?

Hi Guys, Can someone give me a hand on how I can remove unwanted strings like "<Number>" and "</Number>" and retain only the numbers from the input file below. INPUT FILE: <Number>10050000</Number> <Number>1001340001</Number> <Number>1001750002</Number> <Number>100750003</Number>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted " from string...

I have this Input File with extra double quotes in the middle. Please suggest how to handle this condition. Input File: "123985","SAW CUT CONCRETE SLAB 20"THICK",,"98.57","","EACH","N" "204312","ARMAFLEX-1 3/8 X 3"",,"2.48","","PER FOOT","N" "205745","MISTING HEAD HOLLOW CONE "C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BICC
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted white space

Hi, I have a very big file 25GB with information present in it like $ head ind_stats update index statistics pfirm001.dbo.Office using 200 values go ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
11 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)