Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find port for Pid
Operating Systems HP-UX Find port for Pid Post 302771706 by mohtashims on Thursday 21st of February 2013 09:36:43 AM
Old 02-21-2013
Find port for Pid

Hi,

Is this the most appropriate way of finding the listen port number given the pid is "16659" ?

Code:
lsof -Pan -i tcp -i udp | grep 16659 | grep -i "listen"

If so, how can I extract "7001" and assign it to a variable say myport=7001 from the below output which happens to be actual port number?

Code:
java     16659  bea  134u  IPv4 0xe00000041ea28100        0t0  TCP 250.133.129.70:7001 (LISTEN)

Last edited by mohtashims; 02-21-2013 at 11:00 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find only PID value

When I run ps -aef | grep aaa.exe it gives out put user 5091 5518 0 10:13:25 pts/1 0:00 grep aaa.exe user 4647 2479 0 09:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user/xxx/bin/aaa.exe user1 1111 2222 0 08:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user1/xxx/bin/aaa.exe I need Only PID value ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pid from port number in AIX

Hello guys, How to shut down a port number in AIX. May be first I need to find out what is the process ID of that process that listens to this particular port.. Is there any command to find a process ID from the port number other than "lsof". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get opened port with given PID?

i want to get tomcat listening port , from a command. ps -ef | grep catalina | grep -v "grep catalina" | grep -v "catalina.out" | awk '{print $2}' | head -1 output : ----- 1234 Now with this 1234 i need to know , in which port my tomcat is running... i tried , netstat -ao | grep... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find PID for a port

Hi, I need to find the PID for a given port on the below system. HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license How can I ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID using a Port?

Hi, I do not have root user credentials nor do I have the functional id of the process that uses port 80. How can I find the pid of the process using the port number 80 ? Operating System: Linux (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
BGPD(8) 							  Version 0.97.3							   BGPD(8)

NAME
bgpd - a BGPv4, BGPv4+, BGPv4- routing engine for use with Quagga routing software SYNOPSIS
bgpd [ -dhrv ] [ -f config-file ] [ -i pid-file ] [ -p bgp-port-number ] [ -P port-number ] [ -A vty-address ] [ -u user ] [ -g group ] DESCRIPTION
bgpd is a routing component that works with the Quagga routing engine. OPTIONS
Options available for the bgpd command: -d, --daemon Runs in daemon mode, forking and exiting from tty. -f, --config-file config-file Specifies the config file to use for startup. If not specified this option will likely default to /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf. -g, --group group Specify the group to run as. Default is quagga. -h, --help A brief message. -i, --pid_file pid-file When bgpd starts its process identifier is written to pid-file. The init system uses the recorded PID to stop or restart bgpd. The likely default is /var/run/bgpd.pid. -p, --bgp_port bgp-port-number Set the port that bgpd will listen to for bgp data. -P, --vty_port port-number Specify the port that the bgpd VTY will listen on. This defaults to 2605, as specified in /etc/services. -A, --vty_addr vty-address Specify the address that the bgpd VTY will listen on. Default is all interfaces. -u, --user user Specify the user to run as. Default is quagga. -r, --retain When the program terminates, retain routes added by bgpd. -v, --version Print the version and exit. FILES
/usr/local/sbin/bgpd The default location of the bgpd binary. /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf The default location of the bgpd config file. $(PWD)/bgpd.log If the bgpd process is config'd to output logs to a file, then you will find this file in the directory where you started bgpd. WARNING
This man page is intended to be a quick reference for command line options. The definitive document is the Info file Quagga. DIAGNOSTICS
The bgpd process may log to standard output, to a VTY, to a log file, or through syslog to the system logs. bgpd supports many debugging options, see the Info file, or the source for details. SEE ALSO
ripd(8), ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), isisd(8), zebra(8), vtysh(1) BUGS
bgpd eats bugs for breakfast. If you have food for the maintainers try http://bugzilla.quagga.net AUTHORS
See http://www.zebra.org and http://www.quagga.net or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. Quagga BGPD daemon 25 November 2004 BGPD(8)