Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove comments from file with specific file name extensions Post 302771675 by TheZeusMan on Thursday 21st of February 2013 08:07:22 AM
Old 02-21-2013
Yeah, but I don't expect you to write the full program for me. I just need some infirmatn where to start.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specific lines from a file

Hi there I have a file with a variable amount of rows but the 45th, 46th and 47th charachter of each line is the status field which is a three digit code ie 001, 002, 003 etc. My question is this..I need to strip all the records/lines with 002's out of the file completely and put them into... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove specific lines from a file

When restoring a file in my uninstall program I need to remove the lines I added to a file during the install. In between the file can be modified by the users. Assume file1 is as follow: xxx str2 xxxx ..... ...The Following lines containing str* have to be removed... xxx str1 xxxx xxx ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates from File from specific location

How can i remove the duplicate lines from a file, for example sample123456Sample testing123456testing XXXXX131323XXXXX YYYYY423432YYYYY fsdfdsf123456gsdfdsd all the duplicates from column 6-12 , must be deleted. I want to consider the first row, if same comes in the given range i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopikgunda
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove specific lines from a file (reprise)

Hello, I've to change the shell in /etc/passwd for some users . I've the list of users but I'm not able to modify the file with scripting . I'm working on a Sol10 . Can anyone help me ? tnks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i remove comments in random positions in a file?(bash)

Suppose i have a file like this: #bla bla #bla bla bla bla bla Bla BLA BLA BLA #bla bla .... .... how can i remove all comments from every line,even if they are behind commands or strngs that are not comments? any idea how i could do that using awk? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a string from a specific column in a file

Hello, A basic query. How can I remove a string from a specific column. For example, remove "abcd" just from column 2 in example file: abcd abcd1 abcd abcd2 abcd abcd3 to get output: abcd 1 abcd 2 abcd 3 Thank you!:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines and comments from text file

Hi, I am using BASH. How can I remove any lines in a text file that are either blank or begin with a # (ie. comments)? Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Watch directory and move specific file extensions

Hi all, This is actually more for my lazyness then anything else, but I think others might find it useful to use as well. Basically this is what I am trying to achieve... In my ubuntu home dir under Downloads is where firefox saves everything by default, now I know that you can manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Specific Column in a File using awk

Hi, I would like to ask your expertise to remove specific column no. 8 in the below file using but I don't have an idea on how to simply do this using awk command. Appreciate your help in advance. Input f: ABC 1 1XC CDA 1 2YC CCC 1 3XC AVD 1 3XA Expected output file: ABC 1 1C CDA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)