Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Access time of files and directories Post 302771630 by ravisingh on Thursday 21st of February 2013 06:15:05 AM
Old 02-21-2013
How to know file system mount options?
Thanks Lupin and Alistar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HPUX list files with access time more than 5 min

Hi, does anyone know how to find files who have the last access time bigger than 5 min ago, in linux i use: find ./ -amin +5 -type f -maxdepth 1 -name "*.*" but in hp-ux the find command doesn't have the -amin option.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvrk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

help in changing the access level for directories

Hi all, can some one help me in chmod command, and let me know the various combinations for this command. for : eg chmod -R 777 <dir names> this gives all rights to all but i want the specific access levels kindly help me out in this issue. Thank you, lakshmanan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

restrict access of a user to two directories only

Hi all, I am using RHEL 5.0 I need a user say test to have full access to two directories, say /tmp1 & /tmp2 only other than his home directory. I do not want to change his login shell which is ksh or bash by default. Moreover, he should not even have read access of other directories. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Difference between two files in two different directories

Hi, Can anyone please help me. How to write shell script for taking time difference between two files which are in two different folders. Example: Folder1 is having sample_1_*.txt with the time 13:10 hours Folder2 is having sample_1_*.txt with the time 13:17 hours Now i need the time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayPasum
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access time does not change on some files

Hey All, I want to get the access time of files in a directory. I used ls -lu on a directory and picked a file that had the access time of Mar 1 and used cat to get the contents of the file. Then I used the ls -lu again and the access time changed on that file. Perfect !! Now if I cat a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipulgupta0
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access files from different directories and to perform search action in those files?

Hi, I want to access files from different directories (for example: /home/dir1/file1 , /home/dir2/file2 ...) Like this i have to access these files(file1, file2...). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
3 Replies

7. AIX

Want to find the last access time for large group of files at one go

Dear All, I'm working as a DBA and dont have much knowledge at OS level commands.we have requirement that we need find the files which has been last accessed >= apr 2010and also access date <= apr 2010 for a large set of files.Do know some commands likeistat, ls -u.But can anyone provide me the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbanrb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing directories and sub directories with time and name options

Hello all! I'm looking to list directories and sub-directories of a path, on this forum I found this command: find $path -type d -exec ls -ld {} \; The issue I have is that with a simple ls, the list is listed by name, and using -t I get it by time. How could I list directories and sub... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomadvisuals
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies
utime(2)							System Calls Manual							  utime(2)

NAME
utime() - set file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call sets the access and modification times of the file to which the path argument refers. If times is a NULL pointer, the access and modification times of the file are set to the current time. A process must be the owner of the file or have write permission on the file to use in this manner. The following times in the structure defined in are measured in seconds since 00:00:00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), January 1, 1970. time_t actime; /* access time */ time_t modtime; /* modification time */ Security Restrictions If times is not a NULL pointer, times is interpreted as a pointer to a utimbuf structure, and the access and modification times are set to the values contained in the designated structure. Only the owner of the file or a user with the privilege can use this way. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. Search permission is denied by a component of the path prefix. The effective user ID is not a user with the privilege, and not the owner of the file, times is a NULL pointer, and write access is denied. times is not a NULL pointer, and it points outside the process's allocated address space. The reliable detection of this error is implementation-dependent. path points outside the process's allocated address space. The reliable detection of this error is implementation-depen- dent. times is not a NULL pointer, and access time or modification time or both are negative. The length of the specified path name exceeds bytes, or the length of a component of the path name exceeds bytes while is in effect. The named file does not exist. A component of the path prefix is not a directory. The effective user ID is not a user with the privilege, and not the owner of the file, and times is not a NULL pointer. The file system containing the file is mounted read-only. DEPENDENCIES
NFS may return when invoked on a remote file owned by a superuser, or users with and privileges, even if the invoking user has write permission on the file. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
touch(1), stat(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
utime(2)