Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 320GB HD change and recognize as 2TB Problem Post 302771464 by DGPickett on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 05:07:15 PM
Old 02-20-2013
If it is usb, power savers sometimes turn off ports.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change format problem

Someone can help for the following fromat change can done by script? i.e. insert the perivous colurm's first variable if below line don't have the varaible start from AXXX.... From A123,B123,C123 B123,C123 A234,B234,C234 A345,B345,C345 B345,C34 B345,C345 B345,C345 A456,B456,C456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleach8578
2 Replies

2. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to recognize a storage A5100

People i have solaris 9 in a sparc platform i`m tryng to conect a stora edge a5100.When i do a format i don't see the disk, later i do a touch /reconfigure reboot and nothing cant anybody help me? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL4 easyRAID problem 2tb gpt xfs

hello community, i have problems with my redhat enterprise linux 4 nanhant 6 and my easyraid x8s (8x1tb) extern fibre channel raid extern raid configuration: raid level 5 (8x1tb) redhat system shows me four 2tb partitions and one 450gb partition from my raid :( why????? i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onkeldave
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris recognize HW Raid ??

Hardware: HP P2000 HP DL380 G7 with Solaris Software: Solaris 10 05/08 I had made a Hardware raid on P2000 and install solaris on G7, The raid card controller is working fine. How can I make the raid works on OS?? "raidclt" is getting nothing :wall::wall: Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanley1024
11 Replies

6. SuSE

change PATH problem

Hi, I want to add a path to PATH. I added export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/newpath in the ~.profile. I exit the shell and reenter shell. After I type echo $PATH. The new path is not added. I don't know why. Can someone give advice? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recognize the Shell?

Hello All I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 when I logged on to the shell and then write echo $SHELL it shows me the result /bin/bash and when I write csh, the prompt changes and I feel that I am now working upon C shell but when I do echo $SHELL it shows me the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to automate the change password

Hi. I know how to get new password from input file which have till Dec 2014 passwords with today's date, i want to change my password everyday for which i know how to set cron job that will run everyday in morning. once it is changed it should e-mail me if it successful or not. Can someone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in Change Password for user

Dears, I have a problem When I tried to change password for user in HP unix it gives me this error any one can help to solve this ? bmcaddm@nmssrv05: /home/bmcaddm # passwd Changing password for bmcaddm Old password: New password: Re-enter new password: vxfs: msgcnt 810034 mesg 001: V-2-1:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
8 Replies

10. IP Networking

DNS problem : ping doesn't recognize hostname

I have vmware on my windows PC ( hostname : acer ). vmware has RHEL 7 ( hostname : rhel7 ) installed recently. RHEL IP configuration IP : 192.168.5.128 Netmask : 255.255.255.0 ssh to rhel7 works from acer using putty resolve.conf cat /etc/resolv.conf nameserver 192.168.5.1 host... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies
hubd(7D)																  hubd(7D)

NAME
hubd - USB hub driver SYNOPSIS
hub@unit-address The hubd is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant client driver that supports USB hubs conforming to the Universal Serial Bus Speci- fication 2.0. The hubd driver supports bus-powered and self-powered hubs. The driver supports hubs with individual port power, ganged power and no power switching. When a device is attached to a hub port, the hubd driver enumerates the device by determining its type and assigning an address to it. For multi-configuration devices, hubd sets the preferred configuration (refer to cfgadm_usb(1M) to select a configuration). The hubd driver attaches a driver to the device if one is available for the default or selected configuration. When the device is disconnected from the hub port, the hubd driver offlines any driver instance attached to the device. /kernel/drv/hubd 32- bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/amd64/hubd 64- bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/hubd 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, , PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cfgadm_usb(1M), attributes(5), usba(7D) Writing Device Drivers Universal Serial Bus Specification 2.0 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io In addition to being logged, the following messages may also appear on the system console. Messages are formatted in the following manner: WARNING: <device path> <hubd<instance number>): Message... where <instance number> is the instance number of hubd and <device path> is the physical path to the device in /devices directory. Messages from the root hub are displayed with a usb<instance number> prefix instead of hub<instance number> as the root hub is an integrated part of the host controller. Connecting device on port <number> failed. The driver failed to enumerate the device connected on port <number> of hub. If enumeration fails, disconnect and re-connect. Use of a USB 1.0 hub behind a high speed port may cause unexpected failures. Devices connected to a USB 1.0 hub which are in turn connected to an external USB 2.0 hub, may misbehave unexpectedly or suddenly go offline. This is due to a documented incompatibility between USB 1.0 hubs and USB 2.0 hub Transaction Translators. Please use only USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 hubs behind high-speed ports. Connecting a high speed device to a non-high speed hub (port x) will result in a loss of performance. Please connect the device to a high speed port to get the maximum performance. USB 2.0 devices connected to USB 1.0 or 1.1 hubs cannot run at their highest speed, even when the hub is in turn connected to a high- speed port. For best performance, reconnect without going through a USB 1.0 or 1.1 hub. Cannot access <device>. Please reconnect. This hub has been disconnected because a device other than the original one has been inserted. The driver informs you of this fact by displaying the name of the original device. Devices not identical to the previous one on this port. Please disconnect and reconnect. Same condition as described above; however in this case, the driver is unable to identify the original device with a name string. Hub driver supports max of <n> ports on hub. Hence, using the first <number of physical ports> of <n> ports available. The current hub driver supports hubs that have <n> ports or less. A hub with more than <n> ports has been plugged in. Only the first <n> out of the total <number of physical ports> ports are usable. The following messages may be logged into the system log. They are formatted in the following manner: <device path> <hubd<instance number>): message... Global over current condition, please disconnect hub. The driver detected an over current condition. This means that the aggregate current being drawn by the devices on the downstream port exceeds a preset value. Refer to section 7.2.1.2 and 11.13 of the Universal Serial Bus Specification 2.0. You must remove and insert this hub to render it and its downstream devices functional again. If this message continues to display for a particular hub, you may need to remove downstream devices to eliminate the problem. Local power has been lost, please disconnect hub. A USB self-powered hub has lost external power. All USB devices connected down-stream from this hub will cease to function. Disconnect the hub, plug in the external power-supply and then plug in the hub again. Local power has been lost, the hub could draw <x> mA power from the USB bus. A USB self/bus-powered hub has lost external power. Some USB devices connected down-stream from this hub may cease to func- tion. Disconnect the external power-supply and then plug in the hub again. 20 June 2005 hubd(7D)