Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to modify an output?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to modify an output? Post 302771359 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 12:06:34 PM
Old 02-20-2013
The script bipinajith provided puts out a <comma> before the first XPAR value, uses <comma> instead of <comma><space> to separate XPAR values, and outputs duplicated XPAR values multiple times. I think the following produces the requested output:
Code:
awk -F '[ \t,]+' '
{	for(i = 2; i <= NF; i++)
		if($i != "" && (! ($i in x))) {
			x[$i]
			printf("%s %s", oc++ ? "," : "XPAR", $i)
		}
}
END {	printf("\n")}' file

If you are using a Solaris/SunOS system, use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk instead of awk.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i add/modify filename after output?

Hi All, I have a script to convert a file and output the filename with "_output", however it not work. Can help? echo Please input list file name: read listn for file in `cat $listn.txt` do convert $file > $file_output Thanks all!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a sh script to spool directory and modify the output (Oracle cnt file)

Hi, I'm creating a shell script to dynamically create a recreate controlfile for an Oracle database. I need to read a cold backup file system, and make some changes to these files. Let's say for argument sake the directory name is /ebsprod_c/oradata and it looks like this:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

5. AIX

find command modify the output

Hello All, I am new to this shell scripting , I wanted to modify the output of my find command such that it does not display the path but only file names , for example I am searching for the files which are modified in the last 24 hours which is find /usr/monitor/text/ -type f -mtime... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify first column

Hi, I am use to using awk and sed. This time I have a file that has multiple columns. It looks like this: 4 6 7 8 5 4 3 2 3 2 6 9 I want to add chr to column 1 only so it looks like this: chr4 6 7 8 chr5 4 3 2 chr3 2 6 9 The file is tab seperated. Thanks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to modify /etc/printcap?

I put this on the CentOS forums yesterday and it's been read 80 times, but no response..........I hope I'm not too impatient. Hello, I am trying to set up a 3 port HP Jetdirect 300x box. I have done the following: Added jetdirect to host file with IP address. Created 3 printers with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick-genisys
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)