Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sendmail not quite working after upgrade Post 302771329 by brownwrap on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 09:52:36 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Well, it's resolved.

By the time I got into work, the problem was resolved. The entire /etc/mail directory was restored and that fixed it. I don't really see any diffrence in the contents of /etc/mail, but I do see a difference in permissions:
Code:
drwx------   3 root     root        1.0K Feb 19 17:01 mail/
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root        1.0K Feb 20 06:46 mail.20130220.RSF/

Last edited by Scott; 02-21-2013 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hi I am trying to send mail using sendmail as well as mai option.But its not getting delivered in the recipient address.However on checking systemlog ,i could find the statusas "sent".What might be the issue. Regards S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suPHP stopped working after dist-upgrade

Hi all, My server was Debian Etch (4) and had a working suPHP module (version 0.6.2-1). After I dist-upgraded it to Lenny (Debian 5), suPHP (version 0.6.2-3) stopped working. I read in the mailing list that I should change the settings of /etc/suphp/suphp.conf to this form: ;Handler... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hi, I have to send a mail in html format and to do so I am using the below code. INPUT_FILE_DETAILS contains the html code but it doesn't work. Could anyone suggest whats wrong in it. ( echo "From: Team<Team@xy.com>" echo "To: $MAILTO" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok1301
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sendmail Upgrade Delimna

I'm being forced to upgrade my Sendmail to version 8.14.2. We currently run what comes stock with the Solaris 10 build. I've been working on this for several days getting Sendmail installed and running again. Now it's telling me that I have to install Berkely database. I've never done this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

sendmail not working

Hi, My mails (postfix - apologies about the heading) have suddenly stopped sending, and I am trying to find out why. We use ESMTP mail relay (blacknight), nothing has changed on our side and I am able to ping the IP address of blacknight on port 25. I suspect an issue with the external... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hello people - Need help, My sendmail email is not working, not sure what is wrong here. I am trying with below command and response as below, Thanks for help in advance. Thanks camprod@sgppsr000000060 PROD $ echo "hello"|sendmail -v abc@domain.com abc@domain.com... Connecting to via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sendmail not working

Dear All, I have a sendmail configured in one of our linux server. But when I send mail , it is giving the error DSN Service Unavailable 5.0.0 But the same sendmail configuration is working fine with another SMTP IP. On the /var/spool/mail/root log , it is saying "Client not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Linux

Sendmail not working

Dear All, I am able to send mail to mail ids of internal domain or local domain. But I could not send mails to external domain. It is saying the error 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated Kindly help me on this... Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

10. AIX

Sendmail not logging after upgrade to 7.1 TL2 SP3

Has anyone seen an issue where sendmail stops logging any debug messages after upgrading to 7.1 TL2 SP3? The only APAR I see is for a "priv_raise failed" message in syslog. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
1 Replies
OVDB_INIT(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      OVDB_INIT(8)

NAME
ovdb_init - Prepare ovdb database for use SYNOPSYS
ovdb_init ["-u"|"-r"] DESCRIPTION
This command must be run before any other process can access the overview database. It performs the following steps: 1. Creates the database environment, if necessary 2. If the database is idle (and if the "-u" option is not specified), it performs a normal recovery. The recovery will remove stale locks, recreate the memory pool cache, and repair any damage caused by a system crash or improper shutdown. 3. If the "-u" option is specified, it performs any necessary upgrades to the database. See the UPGRADING section below. 4. Starts the DB housekeeping processes (ovdb_monitor) if they're not already running. (Unless the "-r" option is specified). 5. Starts the ovdb readserver (ovdb_server) processes if readserver in ovdb.conf is true, and if they are not already running. (Unless the "-r" option is specified). Returns exit status of 0 if all steps were completed successfully. In the event of an error, messages are written to syslog and/or stderr. If a recovery was attempted but it failed, the database may be damaged beyond repair, requiring a rebuild with makehistory(8). This command is normally invoked automatically by rc.news(8). It is OK to run this command multiple times. OPTIONS
"-r" Perform recovery only. "ovdb_monitor" is not started. "-u" Perform any needed upgrades. Recovery is not attempted. "ovdb_monitor" is started if the upgrade succeeded. UPGRADING
There are two situations in which the database will need to be upgraded: o You upgrade the Berkeley DB library to a newer version, for example from 2.7.7 to 3.1.17. In this case, the Berkeley DB db->upgrade() method is used. o You upgrade ovdb to a newer major version; i.e., ovdb-1.0 to ovdb-2.0. In both of these cases, the database is upgraded in-place; and the upgrade can not be undone. Do not interrupt the upgrade process once it has started, because there is a risk of irrepairable corruption. The upgrade may take several minutes to complete. If an upgrade does get interrupted, try running the upgrade again. Here's an example procedure to upgrade a database created with Berkeley DB 2.7.7 to use Berkeley DB 3.1.17: 1. Build and install the Berkeley DB 3.1.17; 2. Run configure in the INN source tree and make sure it picks up the right Berkeley DB directory (e.g., /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1); 3. Do a "make"; 4. Shut down INN (e.g., with "rc.news stop") and be sure to kill all instances of nnrpd as well; 5. Do a "make update" to install the new binaries; 6. Run "ovdb_init -u" as the news user; 7. Start INN with "rc.news". It is OK to specify "-u" even if no upgrades are needed. HISTORY
Written by Heath Kehoe <hakehoe@avalon.net> for InterNetNews. $Id: ovdb_init.pod 7851 2008-05-26 19:33:08Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ovdb(5), makehistory(8) INN 2.5.3 2009-05-21 OVDB_INIT(8)