Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a flat file and directory structure Post 302771259 by heros on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 09:19:37 PM
Old 02-20-2013
My apologies, I mean File and Directory Structure is my current structure directory, but i want to generate a full path of file and directory structure and print to a file, not to create a directory

thanks for response

---------- Post updated 02-21-13 at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous update was 02-20-13 at 06:43 PM ----------

is this possible for unix?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

3. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Create a bash array from a flat file of whitespaces only.

Hi guys and gals... MacBook Pro. OSX 10.13.2, default bash terminal. I have a flat file 1920 bytes in size of whitespaces only. I need to put every single whitespace character into a bash array cell. Below are two methods that work, but both are seriously ugly. The first one requires that I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
Template::Plugin::Directory(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Template::Plugin::Directory(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Directory - Plugin for generating directory listings SYNOPSIS
[% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] # files returns list of regular files [% FOREACH file = dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% file.path %] ... [% END %] # dirs returns list of sub-directories [% FOREACH subdir = dir.dirs %] [% subdir.name %] [% subdir.path %] ... [% END %] # list returns both interleaved in order [% FOREACH item = dir.list %] [% IF item.isdir %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% ELSE %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% END %] # define a VIEW to display dirs/files [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) | indent -%] [% END %] [% END %] # display directory content using view [% myview.print(dir) %] DESCRIPTION
This Template Toolkit plugin provides a simple interface to directory listings. It is derived from the Template::Plugin::File module and uses Template::Plugin::File object instances to represent files within a directory. Sub-directories within a directory are represented by further "Template::Plugin::Directory" instances. The constructor expects a directory name as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory('/tmp') %] It then provides access to the files and sub-directories contained within the directory. # regular files (not directories) [% FOREACH file IN dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # directories only [% FOREACH file IN dir.dirs %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # files and/or directories [% FOREACH file IN dir.list %] [% file.name %] ([% file.isdir ? 'directory' : 'file' %]) [% END %] The plugin constructor will throw a "Directory" error if the specified path does not exist, is not a directory or fails to "stat()" (see Template::Plugin::File). Otherwise, it will scan the directory and create lists named '"files"' containing files, '"dirs"' containing directories and '"list"' containing both files and directories combined. The "nostat" option can be set to disable all file/directory checks and directory scanning. Each file in the directory will be represented by a Template::Plugin::File object instance, and each directory by another "Template::Plugin::Directory". If the "recurse" flag is set, then those directories will contain further nested entries, and so on. With the "recurse" flag unset, as it is by default, then each is just a place marker for the directory and does not contain any further content unless its "scan()" method is explicitly called. The "isdir" flag can be tested against files and/or directories, returning true if the item is a directory or false if it is a regular file. [% FOREACH file = dir.list %] [% IF file.isdir %] * Directory: [% file.name %] [% ELSE %] * File: [% file.name %] [% END %] [% END %] This example shows how you might walk down a directory tree, displaying content as you go. With the recurse flag disabled, as is the default, we need to explicitly call the "scan()" method on each directory, to force it to lookup files and further sub-directories contained within. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] * [% dir.path %] [% INCLUDE showdir %] [% BLOCK showdir -%] [% FOREACH file = dir.list -%] [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% file.scan -%] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] - [% f.name %] [% END -%] [% END -%] [% END %] This example is adapted (with some re-formatting for clarity) from a test in t/directry.t which produces the following output: * test/dir - file1 - file2 * sub_one - bar - foo * sub_two - waz.html - wiz.html - xyzfile The "recurse" flag can be set (disabled by default) to cause the constructor to automatically recurse down into all sub-directories, creating a new "Template::Plugin::Directory" object for each one and filling it with any further content. In this case there is no need to explicitly call the "scan()" method. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] ... [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] ... The directory plugin also provides support for views. A view can be defined as a "VIEW ... END" block and should contain "BLOCK" definitions for files ('"file"') and directories ('"directory"'). [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] The view "print()" method can then be called, passing the "Directory" object as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] When a directory is presented to a view, either as "[% myview.print(dir) %]" or "[% dir.present(view) %]", then the "directory" "BLOCK" within the "myview" "VIEW" is processed. The "item" variable will be set to alias the "Directory" object. [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] In this example, the directory name is first printed and the content(view) method is then called to present each item within the directory to the view. Further directories will be mapped to the "directory" block, and files will be mapped to the "file" block. With the recurse option disabled, as it is by default, the "directory" block should explicitly call a "scan()" on each directory. [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.scan %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] AUTHORS
Michael Stevens wrote the original Directory plugin on which this is based. Andy Wardley split it into separate File and Directory plugins, added some extra code and documentation for "VIEW" support, and made a few other minor tweaks. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Michael Stevens, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, Template::Plugin::File, Template::View perl v5.12.1 2008-11-13 Template::Plugin::Directory(3)