Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Memory issue on My CentOS 5.8 x64 bit server Post 302771204 by sunnysthakur on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 02:59:25 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Hello All.,

Thanks for clearing my doubts...Smilie
Result is i have to refer cache memory as a available memory for my next processes.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Memory issues iin CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

New to the forum. I am running CentOS release 5.3 (Final) and have run into a unique situation. I have been able to determine that we have a swap memory leak due to an issue with an asterisk server. This specific issue takes approximately 2-3 months for enough of the swap to to be used before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0neinsane
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

centOS memory leak - MEGABYTES per day

hi i've notice a huge problem on my newly installed centOS server and i have no idea how to solve it and where to start.. memory on server 3 GB and it goes down, down, down.. after reboot it shows 71mb used after a hour its 76mb and after 24h it's around 200 later = more i have NO idea... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Domain name server installation issue in centOS

HI All, I am trying to setup DNS on my centOS server. I am using bind software to setup DNS. The following errors have getting. ================================================== Error in named configuration: zone localdomain/IN: loaded serial 42 zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 42... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpconnect
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Centos 4 32 bit - New kernel ethX MAC address order issue

I have compiled a new kernel (3.2.9) for centos 4/5/6 servers. There is an issue with the centos 4, 32 bit servers. The kernel changes the order in which the MAC address is determined and because of this the server network does not come up as the wrong MAC address are assigned. Even if we specify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Freeipa issue on Centos 6.3

Hi, We are configuring Freeipa for our LDAP system. Things seem to work okay when we try and log in with our domain accounts on the LDAP server. But when we try to loggon to the slave it closes the connection. There is an option in authconfig-tui to configure IPA. However, the senior admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit

Hi, i have just installed 4 gb RAM ddr3 on OS Windows 7 32 bit. In "manage peripherals" i see this section: Memory installed (ram) : 4,00 gb (2,30gb usable) Why only 2,30 gb usable ? In Windows 7 32bit the maximum size is not 3,00gb ? see file attached, please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which memory test tool is popular on CentOS 6?

Hi, Which tools or method is popular, simple and effective, to check memory such as bad sector, throughput and performance? Thank you. - j (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
5 Replies

8. AIX

Gdb on a 64 bit executable - cannot access memory

Hi, Can anyone explain this please..... A simple test program... ### snip #include <stdio.h> main() { static int n; n = 6; printf("hello %d\n", n); n=7; } ### snip 64 bit compile/link.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagpussnz
2 Replies
libcache(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       libcache(3)

NAME
libcache -- the caching framework SYNOPSIS
#include <cache.h> DESCRIPTION
The libcache framework provides a facility for creating in memory data caches. Each cache is a mutable dictionary that associates values with their keys. A cache limits the number of values it keeps according to available system memory and selects values to evict when the limit is exceeded. Recently and frequently used values are less likely to be selected for eviction. Cache keys and values should be cast as pointers. The framework provides a callback interface for supporting arbitrary types of keys and values and implements callback functions for common types. See cache_callbacks(3) for more information. Clients retrieve a value previously added to a cache using the value's key. When the client gets a value, the cache increments a reference count on the value. When the client finishes with a value retrieved from a cache they must release the value back to the cache. Referenced values are considered in use and will not be evicted. The cache may evict unreferenced values (e.g. to make room for other values or reduce its size). The number of values allowed in a cache at one time is managed by the cache framework. Cache size will grow when the system has available memory and shrink under memory pressure. Libcache is thread-safe. It is not safe to call back into the cache API from cache callback functions. SEE ALSO
cache_create(3), cache_set_and_retain(3) Darwin May 7, 2009 Darwin