Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with nmon analysing
Operating Systems AIX Issue with nmon analysing Post 302771191 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 02:00:37 AM
Old 02-20-2013
The -s 300 -c 288 should work okay. I still recommend changing to 6 minute intervals and 240 entries. Works much better with nmon_analyzer and consolidated/trend views (excel and/or analyzer does not like more than ±250 entries and averages them to get number of entries below 250 - so 288 becomes 144 "values".

When using the "bare analyzer" you can have more.

OK. What version of AIX (with nmon included) - or are you still using a downloaded version - and are they different between the archived versions (that you had compressed) and the ones that are working - or are none working?

It will be 24 hours, but I'll try deleting the BBBP lines and see what happens with my reports.
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analysing truss log

I am facing the following issue when using db2. The JDBC prepared statement command is sending an incorrect value to the database for search. I did a truss on the app and here is the log. I want to know what is the value that is getting passed. is it possible. 26867/68: send(62,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buytamil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┠│ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Query: Analysing the Core file

Hi, Is there any way to find the mode of the binary file (debug or release) by analyzing the core file generated by that binary on the HPUX11i Platform? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Analysing Log Files?

I'm not sure if this query is relevant to this forum but here goes anyways... I want analyse log files that do not appear to be of standard format. I have tried using Analog but cannot config it to read the files. Does anyone have any advice on working with log files taken from a Unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Analysing a core dump.

Friends I was trying to analyse a core dump using pstack command in Sol5.9(Sparc) The output is as below. root: pstack core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922 core 'core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922' of 21922: istauth fe1afbb8 ttcdrv (c10e0, c1db4, 30ad8, bc950, 0, 0)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
ruptime(1)						      General Commands Manual							ruptime(1)

NAME
ruptime - show status of local machines SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
outputs a status line for each machine on the local network that is running the daemon. status lines are formed from packets broadcast once every 3 minutes between daemons (see rwhod(1M)) on each host on the network. Each status line has a field for the name of the machine, the status of the machine (up or down), how long the machine has been up or down, the number of users logged into the machine, and the 1-, 5- and 15-minute load averages for the machine when the packet was sent. The status of the machine is reported as ``up'' unless no report has been received from the machine for 11 minutes or more. The length of time that the machine has been up is shown as: Load averages are the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1-, 5- and 15-minute intervals when the packet was sent. An example status line output by might be: The above status line would be interpreted as follows: is presently ``up'' and has been up for 1 day, 5 hours and 15 minutes. It currently has 7 users logged in. Over the last 1-minute inter- val, an average of 1.47 jobs were in the run queue. Over the last 5-minute interval, an average of 1.16 jobs were in the run queue. Over the last 15-minute interval, an average of 0.80 jobs were in the run queue. If a user has not used the system for an hour or more, the user is considered idle. Idle users are not shown unless the option is speci- fied. Options If no options are specified, the listing is sorted by host name. Options change sorting order as follows: Sort by load average. Sort by up time. Sort by the number of users. Reverse the sort order. DIAGNOSTICS
No status report files in Ask the system administrator to check whether the daemon is running. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Data files SEE ALSO
rwho(1), rwhod(1M). ruptime(1)