Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Any way to "alias" file patterns for use in a command? Post 302771157 by dillon101001 on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 09:01:38 PM
Old 02-19-2013
use gui and go to the root folder and seek your files

Code:
root/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias, function or script (bash) to "revert" cd command?

In all of my brief and superficial experience with Unix or Linux, the one curious and consistent thing has been that 'cd ./' (back up one directory level) has done absolutely nothing in any of them. Now I understand that, at least for bash, 'cd ./' appears to have been substituted by 'cd ..' Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Patterns of ".*" from a file

I used to create a file to read my patterns and call them with grep but now I want to use different sort of patterns and it does not work with a list on a accept file Grep –F –f acceptfile.txt mainfile.txt > outputfile.txt I have a data like this as they are in sequence of 5 The box of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
The object management API.(3)					      libmtp					     The object management API.(3)

NAME
libmtp - The object management API. Functions int LIBMTP_Delete_Object (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *, uint32_t) int LIBMTP_Set_Object_Filename (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *, uint32_t, char *) Detailed Description Function Documentation int LIBMTP_Delete_Object (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *device, uint32_tobject_id) This function deletes a single file, track, playlist, folder or any other object off the MTP device, identified by the object ID. If you delete a folder, there is no guarantee that the device will really delete all the files that were in that folder, rather it is expected that they will not be deleted, and will turn up in object listings with parent set to a non-existant object ID. The safe way to do this is to recursively delete all files (and folders) contained in the folder, then the folder itself. Parameters: device a pointer to the device to delete the object from. object_id the object to delete. Returns: 0 on success, any other value means failure. References LIBMTP_mtpdevice_struct::params. int LIBMTP_Set_Object_Filename (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *device, uint32_tobject_id, char *newname) THIS FUNCTION IS DEPRECATED. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CODE IN ORDER NOT TO USE IT. See Also: LIBMTP_Set_File_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Track_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Playlist_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Album_Name() References LIBMTP_file_struct::filetype, and LIBMTP_Get_Filemetadata(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 The object management API.(3)