Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Erroneous file concatenation. Post 302771050 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 12:12:37 PM
Old 02-19-2013
Well, we are overdue for some feedback before we talk into the void any more!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a File with an Erroneous Period

Hi - I am new to the Unix environment and have encountered a problem I can't resolve. I inadvertently created a data file with a period/dot at the end of the word 'dat', I.e. filename.dat. and can't remove it using the 'rm' command. In attempting to do so, I receive a message reading that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PLF
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation problem

I have written a script to find particular text files created within the last 24 hours and concatenate them all into a single concat.txt file. The problem that I am running into is that the last line of the text files do not terminate with <CR><LF> characters (as do all the other lines in each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvander
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Concatenation

Hi, I want to write a generic shell script, which can concatenate n number of files passed as parameter ;to an output file which is again a parameter Example catfl.sh outfl.txt a.txt b.txt c.txt (3 files to be concatenated into a file outfl.txt) catfl.sh outfl.txt a.txt b.txt(2 files to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
3 Replies

4. Programming

erroneous output

#include<stdio.h> int main () { FILE* f_read; FILE* f_write; char *string; f_read=fopen("file1","r"); while(!feof(f_read)); { fscanf(f_read,"%s",string); fprintf(stdout,"%s\n",string); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Concatenation in a format

I have some files named as: error_abc.txt error_def.txt error_ghi.txt I want to concatenate all these into a single file say error_all.txt. The error_all.txt should be displayed like: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation

awk '{$2=$2":"$8"-"$3;$3=$NF;$4=$NF="";print $0 | $10=$10":"$8"-"$18;$11=$NF;$12=$NF="";print $0 }' design.txt Trying to concatenate specific fields in a spreadsheet and the others remain unchanged. I attached an excel spreadsheet (all the data comes from a design.txt), but I put an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenation of multiple files based on file pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)