Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can we configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC Post 302771045 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 11:56:00 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Actually, it will take about 3.2 seconds on average coax, because it does not propagate at full light speed.

When at Honeywell, the IRS bought additional one microsecond cycle core memory for their H-2050 from Cambridge Memories. Somehow someone made some parallel interface cables with slower dialectrics or different effective conducter diameters: slow coax! While they did not exceed cable length, the timing was too late. As my friend Jasper Farrington told them, 9 nanoseconds late is still late. Late means broken.

The ARRL Handbook I perused throught my youth ARRL Handbook 2013 had interesting tables on how much to shorten an antenna from the nominal quarter wave length for different conductor diameters and such. Interestingly, a quarter wave whip over a ground plane is 75 ohms like many flavors of coax, and a half wave antenna with the ends connected together is 300 ohms, so you can make a nice antenna from 300 ohm flat lead, shorting the ends and attaching the 300 ohm feed in the middle, or sometimes a little off middle to widen the banwidth for shorter and longer half waves. You see this on a lot of FM sets, where the 100 MHZ into 300 million meters per second gives you a 1.5 meter antenna, but a bit shorter as the propagation is a bit slow. These work on VHF tv as well, as FM is adjacent to channel 6, which many FM radios can hear at the bottom.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP on Private interconnects

I have a Oracle dbase running in a Solaris 10 cluster and have two private interconnects that are being used for communication. Is there any way to connect these two interconnects together using IPMP for redundancy? I've made several attempts with no luck so far and was wondering if anyone had... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
17 Replies

3. Solaris

Link Based IPMP on Shared IP Solaris Zone

Hi, This may have already been raised previously so sorry for the duplication. What I want to achieve is have a physical server using link based IPMP setup in the global zone (not problem doing that) and then create a zone set as Shared-IP so when the servers NIC has an issue the IP will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
0 Replies
FIRST(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FIRST(1)

NAME
first - Yagi-Uda project quick antenna builder SYNOPSIS
first filename elements f_min f_design f_max f_step diameter DESCRIPTION
The program first is one of a number of executable programs that forms part of a set of programs, collectively known as the Yagi-Uda project , which were designed for analysis and optimisation of Yagi-Uda antennas. first is used to define an antenna quickly, if you are not interested in analysing a specific design (in which case use input ) but need to get a design that is half-way reasonable so that it may be optimised. It is much faster in use (since its not interactive) than input The design methodology that first is the DL6WU antenna designs, which are valid for 10 or more elements, although first will calculate for any number of elements. DL6WU reccomends a folded dipole, but the designs here are for a simple dipole, since I don't yet know how to calculate the self and mutual impedances of folded dipoles. LIMITATIONS
Filenames, including full path, can't exceed 90 characters. Does not take into account the variation of impedance of a dipole with change in wavelength/diameter of elements. FILES
filename Yagi description, created by first. filename.out Binary data file, created by yagi. filename.dat Performance of antenna, created by output. filename.gai Gain of antenna, created by output. The DOS .EXE files as distributed require a 387 maths coprocessor to be present and will not run without it. A 486, Pentium, and I assume later processors of this series will run it without any extra hardware. PLATFORMS
Both DOS and and Unix versions have been built. The DOS version as distributed requires a 386 PC with a 387 maths coprocessor. The DOS ver- sion is no longer being developed, so the DOS executables included with the distribution are not upto date with the current source code. AUTHORS
Dr. David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net). with help with the conversion to the DOS/PC enviroment from Dr. Joe Mack NA3T (mack@fcrfv2.ncifcrf.gov) SEE ALSO
input(1), output(1), yagi(1), optimise(1). BUGS
Bugs should be reported to: David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net). Bugs tend actually to be fixed if they can be isolated, so it is in your interest to report them in such a way that they can be easily reproduced. If the input file is edited manually and done incorrectly, there can be unpredictable results. Options are not checked for sensible numbers. A negative length can be entered! Version 1.10 Fri Dec 2 1994 FIRST(1)