Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop? Post 302771008 by 47shailesh on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 09:43:29 AM
Old 02-19-2013
can you post a sample of the file and required output ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

the given code goes in infinite loop and does not increment variable i

code is as #!/bin/sh i=1; while do welcome $i times; i='expr $i+1'; done exit 0; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrityunjay22
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add Loop number to variable name?

Hi there, I need to add a sequence of numbers to existing variables within the script to be able to call the variable automatically. Somehow it's just printing the loop number. Here's what I've got so far. :eek: #!/bin/sh FOLDER1=foo FOLDER2=bar FOLDER3=beer for ((a=1; a <= 3 ; a++))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siul0_0
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment of a variable

Hi All, I have a variable n that stores a number. Eg. echo $n comes out to be 120. I need to print 121 using echo command on n. Please advice. Thanks in advance !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learning_skills
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split variable length and variable format CSV file

Dear all, I have basic knowledge of Unix script and her I am trying to process variable length and variable format CSV file. The file length will depend on the numbers of Earnings/Deductions/Direct Deposits. And The format will depend on whether it is Earnings/Deductions or Direct Deposits... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chechun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a variable length text to a fixed length

Hi, Can anyone help with a effective solution ? I need to change a variable length text field (between 1 - 18 characters) to a fixed length text of 18 characters with the unused portion, at the end, filled with spaces. The text field is actually field 10 of a .csv file however I could cut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Assigning a value to a variable name then running a loop on these values

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me for (what is probably) a very straightforward answer. I have input files containing something like File 1 Apples Apples Apples Apples File 2 Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] UNIX FOR loop to read a variable with multiple values

Hi, I have a variable which stores file names as a result of find command. I need to delete all these files one by one, i.e. by a loop. Can anyone tell me how can it be done? The variable f2d has the file names like these abc.txt bcd.txt fff.txt gef.txt Now I have used a loop as... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies
netris-sample-robot(6)						Netris Sample Robot					    netris-sample-robot(6)

NAME
netris-sample-robot - sample robot for netris SYNOPSIS
netris-sample-robot [-l] DESCRIPTION
The netris-sample-robot is a sample implementation of the robot protocol. It plays quite well but isn't too hard to beat. The robot should be started from netris with the option -r to connect or wait for another player to join. You can also let two robots play against each other in that way, if you like. OPTIONS
-l Writes some log information into the file log in the current working directory. If it can't it bails out. EXAMPLES
To start the netris-sample-robot waiting for another connection with logfile use the following line: netris -w -r 'netris-sample-robot -l' You then just have to start netris somewhere else which connects to that robot. SEE ALSO
netris(6) BUGS
One known bug of the netris-sample-robot is that it hangs quite often. This was already filed as a bugreport against the package so please refrain from doing so again. If you have an idea why this happens or know a solution how to fix it feel free to mail us. AUTHORS
Netris was written by Mark H. Weaver <mhw@netris.org>. This manual page was written by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 0.5 16 Feb 2002 netris-sample-robot(6)