Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can we configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC Post 302771000 by sb200 on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 09:17:41 AM
Old 02-19-2013
First of all thanks for the replying to DGPickett & MadeInGermany.

DGPickett -> Are you trying to say that if we have two nics on server A with crossover cables to two nics on server b, then link based IPMP will work between server A & server B. Kindly let me know on this.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP on Private interconnects

I have a Oracle dbase running in a Solaris 10 cluster and have two private interconnects that are being used for communication. Is there any way to connect these two interconnects together using IPMP for redundancy? I've made several attempts with no luck so far and was wondering if anyone had... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
17 Replies

3. Solaris

Link Based IPMP on Shared IP Solaris Zone

Hi, This may have already been raised previously so sorry for the duplication. What I want to achieve is have a physical server using link based IPMP setup in the global zone (not problem doing that) and then create a zone set as Shared-IP so when the servers NIC has an issue the IP will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
0 Replies
nsquery(1)						      General Commands Manual							nsquery(1)

Name
       nsquery - name server query command

Syntax
       /usr/ucb/nsquery [ lookup ] [ host ] [ server ]

Description
       The command provides an interface to obtain host name and address information.

If  you	specify  host,	the command obtains information about the specified host. If no host is specified, the command obtains information
       about the local host system.

If you specify server, the command queries the BIND server that you specify. If you do not  specify  a  server,	the  command  queries  the
       default BIND server.

Options
       lookup  Retrieves the host name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and aliases of the specified host.  If no host or server is specified, the
	       command obtains information about the local system from the default BIND server.

If you do specify the lookup option, the command obtains the information about  the  BIND  server  and  host  specified	(or  their
	       defaults).   If the system from which you issue the command is a BIND server, and you do not specify the lookup option, information
	       about only that server is retrieved.

Files
       Directory containing BIND server data file

BIND server boot file

Host database file containing name to address mapping for BIND primary
			   server

Host database file containing address to name mapping for BIND primary
			   server

Local host database file containing address to name mapping for BIND
			   server

BIND server cache file

BIND data file

See Also
       nslookup(1), resolver(3), resolver(5), named(8)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service

nsquery(1)