Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to Count the Numeric Values and get the Total Post 302770970 by pamu on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 07:43:26 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Please use code tags for code and data sample.
And before posting any question first try to search in the forums Smilie
Try
Code:
awk '{a+=$NF}END{print a}' file

This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell script to trim numeric values

Hello I am currently working on a shell script which actually needs to pull some file from a server , The filenames will have the extension with date/time stamp , i need to trim that and name it to proper format Example : xyz_20091108_22142365.gzip i need to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the alpha numeric

Hi all. This is one of my interview question. input : apple output : a - 1 p - 2 l - 1 e - 1 i written the code like this echo "apple" | fold -w1 | sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2 "-->" $1}' is any other way to do ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory

how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory using perl script.. I mean if I have 10 files under a directory then I want to count the total number of lines of all the 10 files contain. Please help me in writing a perl script on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to read lines from file and count values

Hi, I need some help with a script I'm trying to write. I have a log file containing references to a number of different webservices. I wish to write a script that will list the webservices with a count as to how many times they appear in the log. An example of the log file content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman2010
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use AWK to check for numeric values? (BASH script)

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting, but know a few AWK statements. I have the following line in my script: hostname=`echo $file | awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="."}{$NF=""; NF--; print}'` I use this in my script to rename files, which are similar to this: name.mvkf.mkvfm.mkfvm.1 To the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TauntaunHerder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Count using AWK

Hi Everybody, I have the following example file... 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
8 Replies

7. AIX

Pattern count for numeric values in aix

Hi All , I have a small code that checks pattern of digits entered in unix mode . $ echo 201202 | wc -c 7 /* output*/ When i run same command in AIX 5.1 , i am getting output with some initial blanks $ echo 201202 | wc -c 7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In ls -l remove total count

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr i get 'total 10' like this along with files long listing. is there any option in ls command to remove this line or do we need use head -1 command only. $ls -ltr total 45 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 0 Jul 17 07:20 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 744 May 9 12:10 a -rw-r--r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)