Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch. Post 302770957 by achenle on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 07:02:14 AM
Old 02-19-2013
You may not care how the mangled names are created and what they look like, but the linker sure does.

Hence the OP's error messages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc compiler version?

How do you determine which version of the GNU gcc compiler is on your system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
1 Replies

2. Solaris

X Keyboard Extension version mismatch

I want to use calls from the X Keyboard Extension, but get "library version mismatch" error. First one is XkbLibraryVersion(..). This one already returns false. Then I call XkbOpenDisplay(...) which does not return a valid display; return value is XkbOD_NonXkbServer. If I open the display with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker04
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version is the compiler?

Hi ! we have a intel fortran compiler on our computer. How do i find out what version it is ? Thank you, dsmv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

5. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

java version mismatch for normal user and root user

:confused: I installed latest version of java ( jre 1.6) on Solaris Machine ......when I run java -version as root, shows the latest version but when I run java -version as normal user, shows the old / previous version What should I do to fix this ...should show the latest version... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
3 Replies

7. Programming

Choose compiler version

Hi, I'm new, here, and I'm searching for a simple solution for a simple problem. I'm working on RedHat 4.4.6-4 through a CentOS Virtual Machine and due to some reasons I must compile my C++ codes with these two different g++ versions: 4.4.6 and 4.2.2. The fact is that I should be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcuss
4 Replies

8. AIX

Checking xlc compiler version

Hi, Below is output of lslpp command. bash-3.00# lslpp -L | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 11.1.0.1 C F XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need fix for rsync Error due to version mismatch

rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh='/usr/bin/ssh -t -a -x' /web/admin/Transfer/data/ user1@destserver1:/tmp/testf rsync version on sender server is:3.0.9 rsync version on sender server is:3.0.6 Linux sourceserver1 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jan 14 10:36:03 EST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
STACK(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  STACK(9)

NAME
stack -- kernel thread stack tracing routines SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/stack.h> In the kernel configuration file: options DDB options STACK struct stack * stack_create(void); void stack_destroy(struct stack *st); int stack_put(struct stack *st, vm_offset_t pc); void stack_copy(struct stack *src, struct stack dst); void stack_zero(struct stack *st); void stack_print(struct stack *st); void stack_print_ddb(struct stack *st); void stack_print_short(struct stack *st); void stack_print_short_ddb(struct stack *st); void stack_sbuf_print(struct sbuf sb*, struct stack *st); void stack_sbuf_print_ddb(struct sbuf sb*, struct stack *st); void stack_save(struct stack *st); DESCRIPTION
The stack KPI allows querying of kernel stack trace information and the automated generation of kernel stack trace strings for the purposes of debugging and tracing. To use the KPI, at least one of options DDB and options STACK must be compiled into the kernel. Each stack trace is described by a struct stack. Before a trace may be created or otherwise manipulated, storage for the trace must be allo- cated with stack_create(), which may sleep. Memory associated with a trace is freed by calling stack_destroy(). A trace of the current kernel thread's call stack may be captured using stack_save(). stack_print() and stack_print_short() may be used to print a stack trace using the kernel printf(9), and may sleep as a result of acquiring sx(9) locks in the kernel linker while looking up symbol names. In locking-sensitive environments, the unsynchronized stack_print_ddb() and stack_print_short_ddb() variants may be invoked. This function bypasses kernel linker locking, making it usable in ddb(4), but not in a live system where linker data structures may change. stack_sbuf_print() may be used to construct a human-readable string, including conversion (where possible) from a simple kernel instruction pointer to a named symbol and offset. The argument sb must be an initialized struct sbuf as described in sbuf(9). This function may sleep if an auto-extending struct sbuf is used, or due to kernel linker locking. In locking-sensitive environments, such as ddb(4), the unsynchro- nized stack_sbuf_print_ddb() variant may be invoked to avoid kernel linker locking; it should be used with a fixed-length sbuf. The utility functions stack_zero, stack_copy, and stack_put may be used to manipulate stack data structures directly. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), printf(9), sbuf(9), sx(9) AUTHORS
The stack(9) function suite was created by Antoine Brodin. stack(9) was extended by Robert Watson for general-purpose use outside of ddb(4). BSD
June 24, 2009 BSD