Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun Post 302770938 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 06:09:01 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Looks like that should work, glancing at your script. Pls post xtrace execution log (set -vx) if it does not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with variables

Being new to shell scripting I hope this question isn't too elementary but here goes. I run a grep statement - grep 'sqr' sqrmodule.par and the grep statement returns correctly the information that I'm looking for. Now I want to take the output from the grep statement and load it into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gettingstarted
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPLUS and update statements using bind variables

Hello- The code below works fine expect that it does not update the table CTL_INTERFACE "red highlight". Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks:D # coNNECT to the database and insert a row then get the new row id cycle_id=`sqlplus -S $XXX_USER/$XXX_PW@$XXX_CONNECT << EOF SET ECHO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk as grep with variables

i have such awk working fine but how to use variable instead of strings awk '/asdasd.*asda.*asdasd/' file2.txt This is not working: awk '/${a}.*${b}.*${c}/' file2.txt Thanks & regards Peter (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

put value of multiple sql statements into unix variables

i want to use multple sql count statements and store these count values in unix variable but in one connection only i.e. in only 1 time database should be hit ,which is the main requirement. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sw@pnil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two grep statements

Hi I am wondering is it possible to combine two greps together I have two greps. grep "^,, *\." file (grep the line which has a '.' in the third column) grep "=" file (grep the line which has = anywhere) How to put them together so that if the content of the file that match either... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger66
1 Replies

6. Programming

Grep with C variables.

Hi all, I have a problem, I need a grep -v but, the patterns of the grep should be C variables. Example: char var1="h"; char var2="o"; char var3="d"; system("grep -v \"var1 var2 var3\" file.txt"); ---- ---- ---- I try it but... Can u help me? Thanks beforehand P.S. Sorry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbelBs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep variables nested within grep

Help, I have a ksh script that has some variables within the grep command, I am then setting another variable that greps the variables that have greps within them. cat $WORKINGDIR/meter_list.txt | while read meter do serialnum=$(cat masterlogfile.txt | grep "$meter" | awk '{ print $19 }'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichard9
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and variables ?

I would like to know if grep can extract the following requirement. I have the folllowing piece of SQL in a file and need to grep the FROM part. mp db-ter-fast-export C100_Input_Target_Table__table_ "${DB}"'/teradata.dbc' -select 'SELECT UPPER(trim(proj_id)) as proj_id, latest_job_id,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun

Hello, this will be my first post. I've been browsing around for a bit and have found a lot of useful information on here, hopefully a solution can be provided to me. Issue: Alright, I am looking to search for strings within a file using variables. I have a script that will accept 3 or 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonLaberge
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using $variables in grep

Hi, I'm currently trying to use variables in grep on my script. Printing the variable via echo works fine. Also, if I hard coded the date of the appointment it works just fine. But, if I try to use the $DATE as an argument in grep it doesn't do anything. #!/bin/bash DATE=${2}/${3}/${1} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
6 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)