Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun Post 302770938 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 06:09:01 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Looks like that should work, glancing at your script. Pls post xtrace execution log (set -vx) if it does not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with variables

Being new to shell scripting I hope this question isn't too elementary but here goes. I run a grep statement - grep 'sqr' sqrmodule.par and the grep statement returns correctly the information that I'm looking for. Now I want to take the output from the grep statement and load it into a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gettingstarted
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPLUS and update statements using bind variables

Hello- The code below works fine expect that it does not update the table CTL_INTERFACE "red highlight". Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks:D # coNNECT to the database and insert a row then get the new row id cycle_id=`sqlplus -S $XXX_USER/$XXX_PW@$XXX_CONNECT << EOF SET ECHO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk as grep with variables

i have such awk working fine but how to use variable instead of strings awk '/asdasd.*asda.*asdasd/' file2.txt This is not working: awk '/${a}.*${b}.*${c}/' file2.txt Thanks & regards Peter (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

put value of multiple sql statements into unix variables

i want to use multple sql count statements and store these count values in unix variable but in one connection only i.e. in only 1 time database should be hit ,which is the main requirement. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sw@pnil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two grep statements

Hi I am wondering is it possible to combine two greps together I have two greps. grep "^,, *\." file (grep the line which has a '.' in the third column) grep "=" file (grep the line which has = anywhere) How to put them together so that if the content of the file that match either... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger66
1 Replies

6. Programming

Grep with C variables.

Hi all, I have a problem, I need a grep -v but, the patterns of the grep should be C variables. Example: char var1="h"; char var2="o"; char var3="d"; system("grep -v \"var1 var2 var3\" file.txt"); ---- ---- ---- I try it but... Can u help me? Thanks beforehand P.S. Sorry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbelBs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep variables nested within grep

Help, I have a ksh script that has some variables within the grep command, I am then setting another variable that greps the variables that have greps within them. cat $WORKINGDIR/meter_list.txt | while read meter do serialnum=$(cat masterlogfile.txt | grep "$meter" | awk '{ print $19 }'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichard9
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and variables ?

I would like to know if grep can extract the following requirement. I have the folllowing piece of SQL in a file and need to grep the FROM part. mp db-ter-fast-export C100_Input_Target_Table__table_ "${DB}"'/teradata.dbc' -select 'SELECT UPPER(trim(proj_id)) as proj_id, latest_job_id,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] Grep, Variables, IF statements... Fun

Hello, this will be my first post. I've been browsing around for a bit and have found a lot of useful information on here, hopefully a solution can be provided to me. Issue: Alright, I am looking to search for strings within a file using variables. I have a script that will accept 3 or 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonLaberge
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using $variables in grep

Hi, I'm currently trying to use variables in grep on my script. Printing the variable via echo works fine. Also, if I hard coded the date of the appointment it works just fine. But, if I try to use the $DATE as an argument in grep it doesn't do anything. #!/bin/bash DATE=${2}/${3}/${1} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
6 Replies
fasthalt(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       fasthalt(8)

NAME
fasthalt - Halts the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/fasthalt [-lnq] DESCRIPTION
The fasthalt command halts the system and flags a subsequent reboot to skip the execution of fsck. The program creates the fastboot file, then invokes the halt program. The system start-up script contains instructions to look for the fastboot file. If present, the script removes the file and skips the invocation of the fsck command. If the command is invoked without the -l, -n, or -q flag, the halt program logs the shutdown using the syslogd command and places a record of the shutdown in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. Using the -q and the -n flags imply the -l flag. You must have root privileges to use this command. FLAGS
Does not log the halt using syslog. Prevents the sync before stopping, and does not log the halt using syslog. Causes a quick halt, does not log the halt using syslog, and makes no attempt to kill all processes. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the path of the syslog daemon RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fsck(8), halt(8), syslogd(8) Functions: sync(2), syslog(3) delim off fasthalt(8)