Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with rpm package
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Issue with rpm package Post 302770915 by ./hari.sh on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 03:54:22 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Do you have a local yum repository? I yes go ahead with yum install glibc* Yum will automatically install all the dependencies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Rpm package

Hi All, I just recently installed UBUNTU 2.6.24-16 and i installed my phone software which is a RPM package (it's a similiar package with MSN). The software called MXIE. I managed to install it successfully but i can't run the software. When i try to run it, i received... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM Package - Rollback

Is it possible to rollback a package in Redhat ?I don't want to delete any packages. I have upgraded a package using rpm -Uvh & now i decided to use the old package, is it possible to revert it back to the original package ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
3 Replies

4. Linux

RPM Package question

Hi, I have built one RPM last year. now we have another version of that RPM. in previous release we had few extra files then now. so when user upgrade it those files get deleted by RPM package. We want to retain those files. now for workaround i thought of backing up those file during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protected RPM package

Is there a way to create a protected RPM package without giving up your source code? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. AIX

Does not appear to be a RPM package

Hi Guys I got this error when I try to install perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm package rpm -ivh perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm error: perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm does not appear to be a RPM package (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
repo-rss(1)															       repo-rss(1)

NAME
repo-rss - generates an RSS feed from one or more Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repo-rss [options] repoid1 [repoid2...] DESCRIPTION
repo-rss is a program for generating RSS feeds for one or more Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -f <file> Specify the file to which the RSS will be written. Default is repo-rss.xml. -l <link> Specify the URL to the RSS feed. Default is http://yum.baseurl.org/. -t <title> Specify the title for the RSS feed. Default is "RSS Repository - Recent Packages". -d <description> Specify the description of the RSS feed. Default is "Most recent packages in Repositories". -r <days> Specify the number of days to consider most recent. Default is 3. --tempcache Enable the use of a temporary directory for the yum cache. This is enabled by default for non-root users. EXAMPLES
Generate an RSS for the updates-released repository and save it as updates-release.xml: repo-rss -f updates-released.xml updates-released FILES
As repo-rss uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which reposi- tories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 2005 repo-rss(1)