Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash? Post 302770821 by siegfried on Monday 18th of February 2013 01:07:21 PM
Old 02-18-2013
How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script.

I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1"

and then at a bash prompt I do
./set-sound.ps1

The first line of ./set-sound.ps1
Code:
#!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted

The result is the result:
Code:
./set-sound-output.ps1
At line:1 char:33
+ "-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted" ./set-sound-output.ps1
+                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token './set-sound-output.ps1' in expression or statement.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordEx 
   ception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Compilation finished at Mon Feb 18 09:52:59

The problem is that powershell needs this strange switch so it will execute (it is a mystery to me why this is not the default).

Can someone help me configure bash so it can use the shebang to start powershell?
Thanks
Siegfried

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

How to use Cygwin to access X windows

Hi, I use WinMe, want to access, remotely, X-windows of my FreeBSD6.2 machine using the Cigwin from my windows machine as a normal user. However, I can login (through ssh and Telnet) to my FeeBSD machine as root and/or 'su' from some users grouped to the 'wheel' group. I'm still new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin OpenSSH Windows

Hi all, I am just enjoying my first experience with UNIX type stuff but I am completely stumped with syntax etc. I have installed OpenSSH on my windows machine which is a working nicley and I can gain access using putty. I am however trying to set up public key authentication and turn off passwords... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilbonvidia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in shell script when #!/bin/bash is used as shebang

#!/bin/ksh echo -en "\033|||'-')) echo -e "\033 The above script works fine when the interpreter is ksh, but outputs the following error when #!/bin/bash is used as shebang: test.sh: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `(' test.sh: line 5: `case "$ACTIVATION_KEY" in +(|||'-'))' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Shebang line of Bash Script

Hello All, I was writing a Bash shell script that will be executed on both an AIX server (/usr/bin/ksh) and a SLES server (/bin/bash). The AIX server has Bash installed at "/usr/bin/bash", which is in a different dir then the SLES server. So basically I am writing the script on the SLES... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using powershell on win10 to invoke bash

Hi Guys, I am trying to run flyway command on ubuntu. on windows command line is simple : C:\Users\admin\Downloads\flyway-commandline-5.0.7-windows-x64\flyway-5.0.7> flyway migrate how can i do it via bash? i tied to use mnt command but starting flyway is not possible. Please... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaryszek
22 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts, I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)