Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Remove duplicate value from file? Post 302770748 by mohan sharma on Monday 18th of February 2013 08:00:28 AM
Old 02-18-2013
but i want to keep all the record of same BIC code with duplicate branch code if XXX is not present among all the branch code of same BIC code..

---------- Post updated at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:10 PM ----------

Thanks zazzybob
but , if i am executing this query its running but output is not coming on the screen ..can u provide me in details or can u give me a query with output should store in file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Lines in File

I am doing KSH script to remove duplicate lines in a file. Let say the file has format below. FileA 1253-6856 3101-4011 1827-1356 1822-1157 1822-1157 1000-1410 1000-1410 1822-1231 1822-1231 3101-4011 1822-1157 1822-1231 and I want to simply it with no duplicate line as file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teh Tiack Ein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate lines from File

I have a log file "logreport" that contains several lines as seen below: 04:20:00 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 06:38:08 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 07:11:05 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove Duplicate on file

How do we sort and remove duplicate on column 1,2 retaining the record with maximum date (in feild 3) for the file with following format. aaa|1234|2010-12-31 aaa|1234|2010-11-10 bbb|345|2011-01-01 ccc|346|2011-02-01 bbb|345|2011-03-10 aaa|1234|2010-01-01 Required Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file - Remove Duplicate

Hi I have a file in the following format. Basically the file contains tablename and their aliases: TABLE1 TABLE1 A TABLE2 TABLE2 B TABLE3 TABLE4 TABLE4 C TABLE4 Upon formatting an sql statement I am getting such output. Problem: Whenever a tablename appears with alias, it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove of duplicate line from a file

I have a file a.txt having content like deepak ram sham deepram sita kumar I Want to delete the first line containing "deep" ... I tried using... grep -i 'deep' a.txt It gives me 2 rows...I want to delete the first one.. + need to know the command to delete the line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I remove the duplicate lines in this file?

Hey guys, need some help to fix this script. I am trying to remove all the duplicate lines in this file. I wrote the following script, but does not work. What is the problem? The output file should only contain five lines: Later! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the duplicate content in a file

Here is the contents of test.txt Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ChangeLog for: 1:perl-Archive-Extract-0.38-131.el6_4.x86_64, - Resolves: #915692 - CVE-2013-1667 (DoS in rehashing code) Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I have a csv file which contains some millions of lines in it. The first line(Header) repeats at every 50000th line. I want to remove all the duplicate headers from the second occurance(should not remove the first line). I don't want to use any pattern from the Header as I have some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate values in a column(not in the file)

Hi Gurus, I have a file(weblog) as below abc|xyz|123|agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess|agentadd=abcd stereet 23343,agentadd=abcd stereet 23343 sss|wwq|999|agentcode=sample1 code wqwdeeess,gentcode=sample1 code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
4 Replies
GBP-PULL(1)						      git-buildpackage Manual						       GBP-PULL(1)

NAME
gbp-pull - Safely update a repository from remote SYNOPSIS
gbp-pull [ --verbose ] [ --force ] [ --redo-pq ] [ --[no-]pristine-tar ] [ --debian-branch=branch_name ] [ --upstream-branch=branch_name ] [ --depth=depth ] DESCRIPTION
gbp-pull updates the debian, upstream and pristine-tar branches from a remote repository in one go. It checks if the update is safe (would result in a fast-forward merge) and aborts otherwise. OPTIONS
--force force a branch update even if this results in a non fast forward update. Warning: Forcing a branch updates makes you lose your modifications. --redo-pq also rebuild the corresponding patch-queue using gbp-pq. Warning: This drops the patch-queue branch if it exists. --debian-branch=branch_name The branch in the Git repository the Debian package is being developed on, default is master. --upstream-branch=branch_name The branch in the Git repository the upstream sources are put onto. Default is upstream. --depth=depth Git history depth, for deepening shallow git clones. --verbose -v verbose execution --pristine-tar Whether to update the pristine-tar branch too. EXIT CODES
When gbp-pull finishes it indicates success or failure with it's exit code: 0 Success. 1 An error occured during the pull, see the printed error message for details. 2 At least one branch couldn't be fast forwarded. CONFIGURATION FILES
Several gbp.conf files are parsed to set defaults for the above commandline arguments. See the [XRef to GBP.MAN.GBP.CONF] manpage for details. SEE ALSO
git-buildpackage(1), gbp-clone(1), gbp-pq(1), gbp.conf(5) AUTHOR
Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org> 01 June 2012 GBP-PULL(1)