Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Remove duplicate value from file? Post 302770737 by Jotne on Monday 18th of February 2013 07:09:15 AM
Old 02-18-2013
I think this is more correct
Code:
awk '{if ($8=="XXX") {arr[$7]=$0} else if (!arr[$7]) {arr[$7]=$0}} END {for (i in arr) print arr[i]}' infile
BI      M       IT056868        UNICREDI        VIA     LIBHIA  UNCRIT2B        XXX     UNCR
HH      M       MNOOOO          98989089        IIC     UMNKSS  MOHAN844        XXX     KLKL
BI      M       US001165        NEUBERGE        LLC     NEWYRK  NEUBUS33        253     NEUB
HH      M       IND90909        SBILIFES        HNI     NANANN  GGGGGGGG        142     UICC

get every single instance of $7, but keep the one line that have XXX in $8

---------- Post updated at 13:09 ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 ----------

Some updated.
Code:
awk '$8=="XXX" {arr[$7]=$0} !arr[$7] {arr[$7]=$0} END {for (i in arr) print arr[i]}' infile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Lines in File

I am doing KSH script to remove duplicate lines in a file. Let say the file has format below. FileA 1253-6856 3101-4011 1827-1356 1822-1157 1822-1157 1000-1410 1000-1410 1822-1231 1822-1231 3101-4011 1822-1157 1822-1231 and I want to simply it with no duplicate line as file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teh Tiack Ein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate lines from File

I have a log file "logreport" that contains several lines as seen below: 04:20:00 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 06:38:08 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 07:11:05 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove Duplicate on file

How do we sort and remove duplicate on column 1,2 retaining the record with maximum date (in feild 3) for the file with following format. aaa|1234|2010-12-31 aaa|1234|2010-11-10 bbb|345|2011-01-01 ccc|346|2011-02-01 bbb|345|2011-03-10 aaa|1234|2010-01-01 Required Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file - Remove Duplicate

Hi I have a file in the following format. Basically the file contains tablename and their aliases: TABLE1 TABLE1 A TABLE2 TABLE2 B TABLE3 TABLE4 TABLE4 C TABLE4 Upon formatting an sql statement I am getting such output. Problem: Whenever a tablename appears with alias, it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove of duplicate line from a file

I have a file a.txt having content like deepak ram sham deepram sita kumar I Want to delete the first line containing "deep" ... I tried using... grep -i 'deep' a.txt It gives me 2 rows...I want to delete the first one.. + need to know the command to delete the line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I remove the duplicate lines in this file?

Hey guys, need some help to fix this script. I am trying to remove all the duplicate lines in this file. I wrote the following script, but does not work. What is the problem? The output file should only contain five lines: Later! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the duplicate content in a file

Here is the contents of test.txt Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ChangeLog for: 1:perl-Archive-Extract-0.38-131.el6_4.x86_64, - Resolves: #915692 - CVE-2013-1667 (DoS in rehashing code) Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I have a csv file which contains some millions of lines in it. The first line(Header) repeats at every 50000th line. I want to remove all the duplicate headers from the second occurance(should not remove the first line). I don't want to use any pattern from the Header as I have some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate values in a column(not in the file)

Hi Gurus, I have a file(weblog) as below abc|xyz|123|agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess|agentadd=abcd stereet 23343,agentadd=abcd stereet 23343 sss|wwq|999|agentcode=sample1 code wqwdeeess,gentcode=sample1 code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
4 Replies
PG_FETCH_ARRAY(3)														 PG_FETCH_ARRAY(3)

pg_fetch_array - Fetch a row as an array

SYNOPSIS
array pg_fetch_array (resource $result, [int $row], [int $result_type = PGSQL_BOTH]) DESCRIPTION
pg_fetch_array(3) returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row (record). pg_fetch_array(3) is an extended version of pg_fetch_row(3). In addition to storing the data in the numeric indices (field number) to the result array, it can also store the data using associative indices (field name). It stores both indicies by default. Note This function sets NULL fields to the PHP NULL value. pg_fetch_array(3) is NOT significantly slower than using pg_fetch_row(3), and is significantly easier to use. PARAMETERS
o $result - PostgreSQL query result resource, returned by pg_query(3), pg_query_params(3) or pg_execute(3) (among others). o $row - Row number in result to fetch. Rows are numbered from 0 upwards. If omitted or NULL, the next row is fetched. o $result_type - An optional parameter that controls how the returned array is indexed. $result_type is a constant and can take the following values: PGSQL_ASSOC, PGSQL_NUM and PGSQL_BOTH. Using PGSQL_NUM, pg_fetch_array(3) will return an array with numerical indices, using PGSQL_ASSOC it will return only associative indices while PGSQL_BOTH, the default, will return both numerical and associa- tive indices. RETURN VALUES
An array indexed numerically (beginning with 0) or associatively (indexed by field name), or both. Each value in the array is represented as a string. Database NULL values are returned as NULL. FALSE is returned if $row exceeds the number of rows in the set, there are no more rows, or on any other error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_fetch_array(3) example <?php $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=publisher"); if (!$conn) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } $result = pg_query($conn, "SELECT author, email FROM authors"); if (!$result) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } $arr = pg_fetch_array($result, 0, PGSQL_NUM); echo $arr[0] . " <- Row 1 Author "; echo $arr[1] . " <- Row 1 E-mail "; // As of PHP 4.1.0, the row parameter is optional; NULL can be passed instead, // to pass a result_type. Successive calls to pg_fetch_array will return the // next row. $arr = pg_fetch_array($result, NULL, PGSQL_ASSOC); echo $arr["author"] . " <- Row 2 Author "; echo $arr["email"] . " <- Row 2 E-mail "; $arr = pg_fetch_array($result); echo $arr["author"] . " <- Row 3 Author "; echo $arr[1] . " <- Row 3 E-mail "; ?> SEE ALSO
pg_fetch_row(3), pg_fetch_object(3), pg_fetch_result(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_FETCH_ARRAY(3)