Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Remove duplicate value from file? Post 302770728 by mohan sharma on Monday 18th of February 2013 06:09:56 AM
Old 02-18-2013
How to Remove duplicate value from file?

if different branch code is available for same BIC code and one of the branch code is XXX.only one row will be stored and with branch code as XXX .rest of the rows for the BIC code will not be stored.

for example if $7 is BIC code and $8 is branch code
INPUT file are following
Code:
BI	M	IT056868	UNICREDI	VIA	LIBHIA	UNCRIT2B	XXX	UNCR
BI	M	US001165	NEUBERGE	LLC	NEWYRK	NEUBUS33	253	NEUB
HH	M	IND90909	SBILIFES	HNI	NANANN	GGGGGGGG	142	UICC
HH	M	MNOOOO	        98989089	IIC	UMNKSS	MOHAN844	XXX	KLKL
HH	M	MNKKKKKK	90909090	JMV	MNJKMN	MOHAN844	256	LOPD
HH	M	MKLJHJKK	KIKIKIKI	JKJ	NMHMNM	MOHAN844	456	LOPS

here $7 is having 3 bic code with same value"MOHAN844" with diff branch code in $8 and i want only BIC code with XXX value ...and if XXX is not present in $8 then i need all record..

please Help me..

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-18-2013 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Lines in File

I am doing KSH script to remove duplicate lines in a file. Let say the file has format below. FileA 1253-6856 3101-4011 1827-1356 1822-1157 1822-1157 1000-1410 1000-1410 1822-1231 1822-1231 3101-4011 1822-1157 1822-1231 and I want to simply it with no duplicate line as file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teh Tiack Ein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate lines from File

I have a log file "logreport" that contains several lines as seen below: 04:20:00 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 06:38:08 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 07:11:05 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove Duplicate on file

How do we sort and remove duplicate on column 1,2 retaining the record with maximum date (in feild 3) for the file with following format. aaa|1234|2010-12-31 aaa|1234|2010-11-10 bbb|345|2011-01-01 ccc|346|2011-02-01 bbb|345|2011-03-10 aaa|1234|2010-01-01 Required Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file - Remove Duplicate

Hi I have a file in the following format. Basically the file contains tablename and their aliases: TABLE1 TABLE1 A TABLE2 TABLE2 B TABLE3 TABLE4 TABLE4 C TABLE4 Upon formatting an sql statement I am getting such output. Problem: Whenever a tablename appears with alias, it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove of duplicate line from a file

I have a file a.txt having content like deepak ram sham deepram sita kumar I Want to delete the first line containing "deep" ... I tried using... grep -i 'deep' a.txt It gives me 2 rows...I want to delete the first one.. + need to know the command to delete the line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I remove the duplicate lines in this file?

Hey guys, need some help to fix this script. I am trying to remove all the duplicate lines in this file. I wrote the following script, but does not work. What is the problem? The output file should only contain five lines: Later! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the duplicate content in a file

Here is the contents of test.txt Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ChangeLog for: 1:perl-Archive-Extract-0.38-131.el6_4.x86_64, - Resolves: #915692 - CVE-2013-1667 (DoS in rehashing code) Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I have a csv file which contains some millions of lines in it. The first line(Header) repeats at every 50000th line. I want to remove all the duplicate headers from the second occurance(should not remove the first line). I don't want to use any pattern from the Header as I have some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate values in a column(not in the file)

Hi Gurus, I have a file(weblog) as below abc|xyz|123|agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess,agentcode=sample code abcdeeess|agentadd=abcd stereet 23343,agentadd=abcd stereet 23343 sss|wwq|999|agentcode=sample1 code wqwdeeess,gentcode=sample1 code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
4 Replies
DH-EXEC(1)							      dh-exec								DH-EXEC(1)

NAME
dh-exec - Debhelper executable file helpers SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ etc/example.conf => debian/foo/etc/foo/foo.conf DESCRIPTION
dh-exec is a simple program, meant to be used as the interpreter for executable debhelper config files. It is a wrapper around the various other sub-commands (see below), and will pipe the input file through all of them in turn, using an ordering that makes most sense in the vast majority of cases. The order as of now is dh-exec-subst gets run first, followed by dh-exec-install, so that variable expansion happens before files need to be copied. ARCHITECTURE
dh-exec is built up from three layers: there is the dh-exec utility, its single entry point, the only thing one will need to call. Below that, there are the various sub-commands, such as dh-exec-subst, dh-exec-installs and dh-exec-illiterate, which are thin wrappers around the various dh-exec scripts, that make sure they only run those that need to be run. And the lowest layer are the various scripts that do the actual work. One can control which sub-commands to run, or if even more granularity is desired, one can limit which scripts shall be run, too. See below for the options! OPTIONS
--with=command[,command ...] Replace the list of sub-commands to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly set which sub-commands to use. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. Defaults to subst,install. --without=command[,command ...] Inversely to the option above, this lists all the sub-commands which should not be used. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. --with-scripts=script[,script ...] Replace the list of scripts to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly specify which scripts to use, limiting even beyond what the --with option is capable of. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. By default it is empty, meaning there is no filtering done, and whatever scripts the sub-commands find, will be run. --no-act Do not really do anything, but print the pipeline that would have been run instead. --list List the available sub-commands and scripts, grouped by sub-command. --help, --version Display a short help or the package version, respectively. SUB-COMMANDS dh-exec-subst Substitutes various variables (either from the environment, or from dpkg-architecture(1)). dh-exec-install An extension to dh_install(1), that supports renaming files during the copy process, using a special syntax. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_LIBDIR The directory in which the wrapped sub-commands reside. Defaults to /usr/lib/dh-exec/. DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR The directory in which the scripts that do the heavy work live. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_LIBDIR/dh-exec-* The various sub-commands. $DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-* The various scripts ran by the sub-commands. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec-subst(1), dh-exec-install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC(1)