Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 reach the threshold of stream(no -a|grep strthresh) Post 302770644 by machinen on Sunday 17th of February 2013 08:38:09 PM
Old 02-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFelt
sb_max, at 4Mbyte looks large enough, but i would increase the tcp_sendspace and tcp_recvspace. 256 or 512k, rather than 64k. Note, an application can overide the defaults, so maybe your real sizes are larger already.

how much real memory?

thanks for your reply.the physical memory size is 96gb.
the application run on this machine is oracle 11gR2 RAC,i set the tcp_sendspace from the oracle manual and do it on other machine many times and never face this problem,how can ionitor the stream usage in aix?

thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reach to the end of the file?

What is the command, which takes cursor to the end of file which is opened within vi editor? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

2. BSD

How to reach files from tape drive using dd

Hi all! I have problem with copying files from tape drive. The contents of tape: silverman# tcopy /dev/sa1 file 0: block size 10240: 21 records file 0: eof after 21 records: 215040 bytes file 1: block size 10240: 20712 records file 1: eof after 20712 records: 212090880 bytes file 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3m00n
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

can't reach host with ipv6

Hi all, First I know little about ipv6. I have two target. A and B,A and B connet with each other *directly* with line.and I can ping each other with ipv4 For A: # ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:21:9B:80:51:68 inet addr:128.224.159.188 Bcast:128.224.159.255... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Hi I used this command: mplayer http://host/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi -user root -passwd root \ -cache 1024 -fps 25.0 -nosound -vc ffh264 \ -demuxer 3 -dumpstream -dumpfile output.avi It's ok but... Video Playing is very fast! Why? Is it a synch problem? What parameter I have to use for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: takeo.kikuta
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to setup Email notification when storage reach certain % ?

Hi, I recently research on how auto-mailing to notify the increase of storage size. I try avoid schedule/routine checkup the storage to determine increase the storage size. It is time-consuming. Any comment on how to get the storage size %? and automatically trigger mailing function instead... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: i-counsellor
16 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Scan Rate threshold

Hi Guys, The management is being frisky about scan rate in the range of a few thousands ( 4 digit scan rates occasionally). After much research ive concluded that its ok to have high scan rates , unless it leads to swapping/ it falls above 1:4 ratio with free rate (fr:sr) My question is:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
2 Replies

7. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to reach remote servers

new3=`cat /tmp/list3` for pol in "$new3" $(su - dbadmin -c "ssh $new3 '/usr//llist'"); do export policy=`echo $pol`; su - dbadmin -c "ssh $x '/usr/policycmd $policy -L |grep -i active; echo $policy'">>/tmp/listxyz;done I am having trouble with this testscript as the file list3 has two names... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Trying to reach Neo, but unable to.

Hello, I am trying to reach forum administrator Neo because of specific material that he posted here. I cannot reach him directly via PM him unless I have made 10 posts, but at the same time I don't want to spam the forum with 10 posts just to be able to PM him. I assume I won't be able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Artashes
3 Replies
passenger-memory-stats(8)				      Administration Commands					 passenger-memory-stats(8)

NAME
passenger-memory-stats - reports a snapshot of the Apache and Phusion Passenger memory statistcs SYNOPSIS
passenger-memory-stats DESCRIPTION
passenger-memory-stats allows you to easily analyze the real memory usage of Phusion Passenger and Apache. Process inspection tools such as ps and top are useful, but they rarely show the correct memory usage. The real memory usage is usually lower than what ps and top report. There are many technical reasons why this is so, but an explanation is beyond the scope of this page. We refer the interested reader to operating systems literature about virtual memory and copy-on-write. When you run this tool the Private or private dirty RSS field shows the real memory usage of processes. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HTTPD The full filename to the Apache executable. By default, Passenger will attempt to autodetect the Apache executable. If autodetection fails for whatever reason, then Apache processes will not be shown in the memory statistics. In that case, you may manually specify the location to the Apache executable using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
passenger-status(8), ps(1), top(1), User guide at http://www.modrails.com/documentation.html AUTHOR
Phusion Passenger is written by Phusion (http://www.phusion.nl) "Phusion" and "Phusion Passenger" are trademarks of Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui. This manual page was written by Neil Wilson <neil@brightbox.co.uk> for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). Phusion Passenger 2.0 passenger-memory-stats(8)