Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with installing SVM on solaris 10 Post 302770604 by Moh on Sunday 17th of February 2013 11:37:16 AM
Old 02-17-2013
Thank you very much to all your answers.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to get back a SVM volume to solaris control

hi.., help me in this case... 1) now the disk is under disksuite, its have some mirrored volume. how can i get back this disk to OS control. 2) how can i know the a SVM volume avalable,used space. and the filesystem size on tht volume please help in this i am bigginer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.janardhanguru
5 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook don't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can do,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)